Creating a Social Media Policy
In this course, you will learn how to mitigate your library's social media risk with the development of a social media policy. Attendees will learn about the key steps and common themes when developing a policy and learn how to write guidelines that will provide you, your staff, and even your patrons with the understanding of how using social media fits within the overall vision and mission of your organization.
- Identify key steps in the social media policy development process
- Evaluate how a social media policy fits with the vision and mission of the institution
- Create a social media policy for your organization
- Demonstrate an understanding of social media policy development with hands on examples
Librarians and paraprofessionals who need to develop a social media policy for their institution.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- There will be both in class and at home assignments to be completed.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit Adobe's detailed requirements page for an in-depth list or run a system and connection test on your computer now.
This course consists of one 2-hour session.
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 2
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Early Bird Individual Registration||$ 70.00|
|Non-member Early Bird Individual Registration||$ 130.00|