Electronic Resources Librarian -- Missouri University of Science and Technology -- Rolla, MO
Electronic Resources Librarian (Librarian I or II)
The Curtis Laws Wilson Library of the Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T) invites applications for the position of Electronic Resources Librarian.
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Technical Services, the Electronic Resources Librarian will be responsible for maintenance and acquisition of electronic resources and will oversee the purchase of print materials. The Electronic Resources Librarian will manage the library’s electronic discovery tool, knowledge base, EZproxy server, and usage statistics products, and will generate usage and budgetary reports to support collection development decisions. The librarian will actively collaborate with other library staff and participate on consortial committees.
Missouri S&T is one of the nation’s leading research universities. Located about 100 miles west of St. Louis in the community of Rolla, Missouri, S&T is an accessible, safe and friendly campus surrounded by Ozarks scenery. Missouri S&T offers degrees in engineering, the sciences, liberal arts, humanities and business, with master’s and Ph.D. programs available in many of the science and engineering programs and master’s degrees in biological sciences, business administration and technical communication. With nearly 9,000 students enrolled online and on campus, Missouri S&T is big enough to accommodate a diverse population but small enough for individuals to stand out. Rolla, a community of 19,000, enjoys an excellent educational system, competitive cost-of-living, and abundant recreational opportunities.
Areas of Responsibility
- Leads Acquisitions department, including two acquisitions staff
- Handles licensing of online content and acts as liaison with vendors
- Maintains and updates EZproxy server
- Manages library’s electronic discovery tool, knowledge base, and usage statistics products
- Oversees OCLC knowledge base with journal holdings and Interlibrary loan rules. Prepares quarterly electronic holdings files and a yearly embargoed titles list.
- Gathers pricing information for potential database or online journal purchases and orchestrates demos of services/products with vendors.
- Works with selectors on collection maintenance
- Uses PeopleSoft and III Sierra to create and update reports and to project expenditures
- Handles intake of all gifted or donated items
- Works on streaming video purchases and locally digitized files; clears copyright/licensing for owned materials so we may digitize them for streaming.
- Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from a program accredited by the American Library Association
- Experience with maintenance and support of electronic resources
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces Incorporated products
- Experience with EZproxy
- Experience with Serials Solutions products
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in electronic resources and licensing.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to perform effectively in a collaborative environment
- Successful and creative management of staff and operations
- Ability to work effectively with scholars and university partnersL
Environmental and Physical Demands:
This position requires working with (and in the vicinity of) materials that may contain or produce dust, molds, and other allergens; the ability to lift and handle books; and the ability to push a cart and handle boxes weighing in excess of fifty pounds.
Salary and Benefits
Positions are 12-month appointments at Librarian I or II level, with a minimum salary of $47,476. Salary and rank are commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes 28 days of vacation annually and 8 paid holidays.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should electronically submit an application consisting of a cover letter, resume, and complete contact information for three references to Missouri University of Science and Technology’s Human Resources Office at http://hr.mst.edu/careers/academic/. Application deadline: March 28, 2017.
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: