Systems/Cataloging Librarian -- Dallas Baptist University -- Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University, a comprehensive Christian university, invites applications for a Systems/Cataloging Librarian position.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- ALA-accredited Master of Library Science or Master of Library and Information Science degree;
- Dedicated Christian servant leader;
- Active member of a local Baptist church;
- Committed to quality and excellence.
- Knowledge of integrated library systems and online catalogs, particularly OCLC Worldshare Management System;
- Strong knowledge of cataloging processes including MARC format, RDA, AACR2R, OCLC searching, etc.;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of developing and implementing technologies, including some programming;
- Collaborating with Information Technology on the technology needs and requirements of the Library
- Training and supervising student workers;
- Participation in faculty activities. Rotating weekend and night reference duty required.
This position will be on a twelve month contract. Appointment of faculty rank and salary will depend on experience and qualifications.
Candidates should submit a resume along with a cover letter to: Mr. Scott Jeffries, Interim Library Director, Library, Dallas Baptist University, 3000 Mountain Creek Parkway, Dallas, Texas 75211-9211. Applicants may email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ; 214-333-5211.