Technology Services Librarian -- Dallas Baptist University -- Dallas, TX
Dallas Baptist University seeks a Technology Services Librarian. The successful applicant will daily serve as liaison between library and automated system vendor as well the Information Technology Department of the University. Specific responsibilities include developing and implementing technologies, managing library webpage, assisting with technical services, and monitoring upgrades to library system. This is a 12-month, full-time faculty position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- ALA-accredited Master of Library Science or Master of Library and Information Science degree;
- Dedicated Christian servant leader;
- Active member of a local Baptist church;
- Committed to quality and excellence.
- Knowledge of integrated library systems and online catalogs, particularly OCLC Worldshare Management System;
- Strong knowledge of cataloging processes including MARC format, RDA, AACR2R, OCLC searching, etc.;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of developing and implementing technologies, including some programming;
- Collaborating with Information Technology on the technology needs and requirements of the Library
- Training and supervising student workers;
- Participation in faculty activities. Rotating weekend and night reference duty required.
This position will be on a twelve month contract. Appointment of faculty rank and salary will depend on experience and qualifications.
Candidates should submit a resume along with a cover letter to: Mr. Scott Jeffries, Interim Library Director, Library, Dallas Baptist University, 3000 Mountain Creek Parkway, Dallas, Texas 75211-9211. Applicants may email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org ; 214-333-5211.