Technical Services Specialist -- Irving Public Library -- Irving, TX
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required.
- One year related experience is required.
- Knowledge of cataloging rules and standards required.
- Experience with Polaris ILS and/or similar software is required.
- Basic computer knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft office products required.
- Verbal and written English language proficiency required.
- Three years of experience using OCLC Connexion software, MARC formats,
Classification schemes and Integrated Library System(s).
- Reading knowledge of non-English language(s) and bilingual (English/Spanish) skills beneficial.
- Performs copy cataloging of library materials in a variety of formats according to local and national standards.
- Applies appropriate cataloging rules, such as those found in Anglo-American Cataloging Rules (AACR2), Resource Description and Access (RDA), Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH), Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC), and MARC21 formats.
- Duties include performing database maintenance, participating in cataloging projects, and authority Control work, requiring accuracy with highly detailed tasks.
- Other duties as assigned, such as assisting with tasks in Acquisitions, Serials control, or Interlibrary Loan. Duties may require lifting up to 50 pounds and pushing heavy book trucks frequently.
Full-time, non-exempt position. Hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, Sunday rotation in public services as assigned.
Salary: $17.77 - $25.06 per hour (progressive over 11 steps)
To apply online: www.cityofirving.org
To apply in person:
City of Irving
825 W. Irving Blvd.
Irving, Texas 75060