Candidates for election to the Amigos Board of Directors
The Amigos Library Services Nominating Committee has announced the slate of candidates for election to the Amigos Library Services Board of Directors. Candidate and voting information is being sent to the designated Voting Representatives of Amigos member institutions as part of an upcoming Call to Meeting email.
Amigos Vice Chair and Nominating Committee Chair, Linda Morgan Davis, Albuquerque, NM, reported the slate of candidates for the May election which includes the following:
Candidates for Board of Directors (Librarian) – three to be elected for a three-year term:
- Ms. Beth Farwell, Associate Director of Central Libraries, Baylor University (TX)
- Mr. Dean Hendrix, Dean of Libraries, University of Texas at San Antonio (TX)
- Ms. Claudia Schoonover, Director, Missouri River Regional Library (MO)
- Ms. Anna Strackeljahn, Director, Lindenwood University-Belleville Campus Library (IL)
- Ms. Lisa Wells, Executive Director, Pioneer Library System (OK)
Candidate for Independent Director – one to be elected for a three-year term:
- Ms. Mary Blankenship Pointer, Senior Vice President Corporate Relations, Republic Bank & Trust (OK)
Davis expressed her thanks to the members of the Nominating Committee: Steve Potter, Mid-Continent Public Library (MO), and Trisha Mooney, Amigos Staff Liaison.