Senior Library Assistant - Graphics -- Irving Public Library -- Irving, TX
- Associate’s degree or equivalent, Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite Software (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) preferred.
- Two years of relevant experience required.
Preferences: Digital photography skills, knowledge of print reproduction equipment. Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills beneficial.
- The primary duties of this position relate to dissemination of information about library programs, services, and activities via web and social media, and ensuring that library digital marketing materials have a consistent, professional quality – developing graphics for internal digital displays, web and social media;
- Creating and posting stories to evolve customer engagement on social media; creating and helping maintain pages within the library's website; tracking graphic production and social media trends to implement best practices;
- Attending and photographing library programs and outreach events for publicity efforts.
- Duties include designing, producing and updating print promotional material such as posters and flyers; providing reference and circulation services to the public;
- Advising and assisting with Library resources such as online databases, library catalog and other technical resources;
- Providing computer technical assistance and troubleshooting issues with public computers, printers, copiers and other equipment or machinery;
- Assisting in content development for library and city publications; and enforcing library policies and procedures to ensure the safety of customers, staff and materials.
- Duties typically require lifting up to 60 pounds frequently.
Hours: Full-time, non-exempt position. Hours vary and will include evening and weekends.
Salary: $17.77 - $25.06 (progressive over 11 steps)
Apply online at: www.cityofirving.org
Apply in person:
City of Irving
825 W. Irving Blvd.
Irving, Texas 75060
Contact phone: 972-721-2696