Head of Technical Services & Electronic Resources Librarian -- Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary -- Kansas City, MO
Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and College invites applications for the position of Head of Technical Services & Electronic Resources Librarian. This is a full-time, appointed academic support staff position reporting to the Director of Library Services.
The Head of Technical Services & Electronic Resources Librarian will have responsibilities in all cataloging and serials processing including supervision of one student assistant, administration of Sierra ILS, processing and maintenance of all electronic format records and management of all electronic resources, administration of library discovery service (EBSCO), and management of digitization projects. Preferred starting date is August 1, 2017.
- ALA accredited Master of Library Science degree
- Working knowledge of cataloging standards and practices including: OCLC, MARC formats, AACR2, RDA, Dewey Decimal Classification, and Library of Congress subject headings
- Ability to use common office productivity software, including Microsoft Office suite
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Christian with high integrity and commitment as shown by involvement in a local church
- Knowledge and experience in theological librarianship
- Knowledge of integrated library systems
- Experience with various forms of library technology and electronic resources
Send a letter of interest addressing qualifications for meeting the position responsibilities and a current curriculum vitae or resume to:
- Mrs. Lauren Graham
Human Resources Office
Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and College
For additional information, contact Kenette Harder, Director of Library Services, Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and College, 5001 N. Oak Trafficway, Kansas City, MO 64118. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 816-414-3730.