Reference and Instruction Librarian -- Texas Wesleyan University -- Ft. Worth, TX
Provide reference service for all library patrons. Develop, deliver, and assess library information instruction and training in both traditional and non-traditional formats. Outreach to faculty and Wesleyan Community of information resources, Library services and library events.
- Schedule and create tailored instruction at the request of faculty.
- Provide effective one-on-one instruction in person and electronically.
- Prepares, provides, and creates assessment for engaging library instruction.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the library website and online research tools.
- Maintain current knowledge of citation styles, information retrieval tools, and teaching practices.
- Create reference services for online programs.
- Maintain collegial decorum with Wesleyan Community.
- Develops both print and electronic instructional support materials for information resources including online-user guides.
- Develops traditional and computer assisted instructional tools to help patrons develop library, electronic, and internet research skills.
- Serve as a liaison to develop stronger course/library interaction.
- Informs and instructs librarians of current reference materials, sources, and delivery of services.
- Participates in continuing education, professional associations and library committees.
- Assists in Reference and General collection development.
- Promote reference and library events and resources through Wesleyan and Social Media.
- Investigates and recommends technologies that will improve services.
- Other duties as assigned by the West Library Director.
Education & Experience:
- Master of Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution required.
- Experience working with various library resources required.
- Experience working in a reference/instruction department in a library preferred.
- Experience in reference services for online programs desired.
- Experience in assessment strategies.
- Experience in Marketing and Publicity desired.
- Experience in higher education setting preferred.
Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000
Desired Start Date: 8/1/2017
Apply through: http://txwes.peopleadmin.com/postings/1386