Executive Director of Library Services -- Angelo State University -- San Angelo, TX
Directs, plans, and organizes the services, activities, programs, and functions of the University’s Porter Henderson Library which includes the West Texas Collection.
Typical Duties/Job Duties
- Provide leadership and supervise all phases of library operations, including budget (monitors department expenditures and ensures compliance with State regulations and University policies) and staff (hiring, training, evaluating, and providing counseling and feedback as appropriate).
- Formulates or revises policies and procedures affecting the operations of the library; works with senior administrative officials in matters related to the library.
- Works with academic departments, students, and other personnel in identifying and reviewing library programs, services, and acquisitions.
- Engages in public relations, collection development, and/or other activities designed to enhance library operations and utilization.
- Serves on a variety of councils, committees, and advisory groups; represents the library in meetings, receptions, and programs, both on and off campus.
- Prepares administrative reports.
- Maintain awareness of library best practices and opportunities to address challenges, or to enable new ways of working. Provide and contribute to briefings and presentations about their relevance and potential value to the ASU Library and the University.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of current academic library practices and trends; library applications and information technology; applicable University policies, procedures, and practices; principles and practices of effective management and employee supervision; current automation practices in academic libraries; operation of on-line databases; planning, budget preparation, and financial administration.
Skilled in oral and written communications; skilled in interpersonal relations.
Ability to manage and direct a moderate-size academic library; provide effective direction and supervision to supervisors, support staff, and others, as appropriate; work with electronic library resources and databases; organize and complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner; perform work requiring accuracy and attention to detail; work harmoniously with staff, patrons, and others.
Possession of a Master’s degree in library or information science from an American Library Association accredited program. Five years of progressive supervisory experience in an academic library.
Additional Master’s and/or Doctorate degree.
Library director or associate director level experience and background.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and to submit an online application, please go to https://employment.angelo.edu