Instructor of Library Services-First Year/ Information Literacy Instruction and Assessment Librarian -- Northeastern State University -- Tahlequah, OK
Listing Number: 2018-0084F
Job Title: Instructor of Library Services- First Year/ Information Literacy Instruction and Assessment Librarian
Description of Position:
Northeastern State University invites applications for a 12-month non-tenure track faculty position as First Year Experience and Assessment Librarian. This position is responsible for overseeing the provision of information literacy instruction and curriculum to first-year students and to assess those efforts. The position also participates in the assessment of information literacy instruction more broadly.
- Create curriculum, promote, implement and assess library instruction programs for first-year students.
- Assess and evaluate information literacy initiative goals for teaching critical thinking skills and improving retention.
- Teach library instruction of information literacy skills in person and online to Northeastern State students and visiting students.
- Coordinate library services with other campus departments for first-year students (Tutoring, Advisement, First-year Experience, etc.).
- Design, update and maintain innovative multimedia and web-based instruction modules for face-to-face and online instruction.
- Provide library orientation opportunities (student-led Library tours, Library Fair, citation workshops, etc.).
- Promote student success and retention by advocating and providing assistance in the use of library services and resources.
- Keep abreast of trends in information literacy pedagogy, learning theory, and educational technology and design.
- Serve on university and library committees as assigned.
- 1-3 years years of teaching and curriculum design experience preferred.
- Experience in a higher education environment is preferred.
Professional master’s degree accredited by the American Library Association or international equivalent.
Salary: 40,008.00 - 42,500.00
Anticipated Start Date: 09/03/2018
Information for Applicants
- Faculty teaching may include distance based courses, including hybrid and fully online classes.
- Transcripts may be scanned, saved and uploaded. An official/certified transcript is required upon employment.
- Please include on the application complete contact information for a minimum of three references.
- Northeastern State University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce as an essential part of excellence in faculty and staff at the University, and complies with Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and equal employment opportunity for VEVRRA protected veterans. NSU actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply for any opening at NSU.