Assistant/Associate Professor, Metadata Librarian -- Oklahoma State University -- Stillwater, OK
The Oklahoma State University Library seeks creative, tenure-track faculty members with a passion for metadata along with new and emerging technologies, who are eager to drive their own projects, innovate, and take on challenges. Library faculty are actively engaged the OSU academic research lifecycle and develop collaborations with other faculty, researchers, students, and partners.
A full position announcement is available on the Library’s job website: https://jobs.library.okstate.edu/library-jobs/faculty-positions
As Assistant/Associate Professor, Metadata Librarian, you will:
- Provide collaboration and vision as part of the Metadata Team
- Create descriptive metadata for digital collections
- Audit existing metadata to improve discovery and access
- Facilitate metadata upload and/or harvesting into a variety of discovery systems
- Advise Library departments in the application of established and emerging schema
- A master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program
- Strong foundation in descriptive metadata and cataloging principles and best practices in one or more of the following standards: Dublin Core, MODS, FRBR, BIBFRAME, RDA, MARC, and DACS
- Knowledge of/and or experience with the application of nationally controlled vocabularies along with authority control from recognized lists
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in providing metadata for digital collections
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to assess new technology and use it to improve library services
A successful Assistant/Associate Professor for the OSU Libraries will possess strong organizational and leadership skills; have excellent communication and interpersonal abilities; demonstrate collegiality and an appreciation for diverse constituencies. New or soon to be graduates are encouraged to apply. Each organization has a unique culture. To help candidates determine whether the culture at the Oklahoma State University Library may be a good fit, Dean Sheila Johnson has posted her expectations for OSU Libraries leaders on her website: http://www.library.okstate.edu/about/dean-of-libraries/.
You will be offered a competitive salary (minimum $55,000 annually) for this 11-month position and benefits package, including a generous holiday schedule and leave accrual. You will be offered start-up funding for research or travel, have access to a full communication team to help develop and deliver your message, and have the flexibility to cultivate programming from the ground up.
Application review begins October 7, 2018, and continues until position is filled. For consideration of your application materials, you should apply through the University’s website at https://hr.okstate.edu/employment-opportunities
OSU is an AA/EEO/E-Verify Employer