Library Specialist Senior -- South Mountain Community College -- Phoenix, AZ
Institution Name: South Mountain Community College
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ
Post Date: March 12, 2018
Closing Date: Until Filled
Link URL to Job: https://careers.maricopa.edu/
Job ID: 310935
Hourly Rate: $16.70 - $26.73 per hour, DOE
Type: Full-Time, Regular
Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
May work evenings, weekends, holidays and summers
College Summer Hours: Mon-Thurs, 7 am-6 pm
Work Calendar: 12 Months
The Library Specialist Senior position works in the South Mountain Community Library, the integrated South Mountain Community College academic library and Phoenix Public Library branch. Responsible for assisting academic and public library users with software applications and using various equipment, troubleshooting hardware and software, assisting users at the circulation/information/reference service desk and explaining library policies and guidelines to academic and public library users. This position works with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and members of the public.
- Associate’s Degree and two years of library support experience such as cataloging of library materials, circulation support, reference customer service, and facilitation/coordination of interlibrary loans and resource materials.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
- Associates degree or higher
- Two (2) or more years of experience working at a library service desk at a community college, university, or public library.
- One (1) or more years of experience providing assistance to customers with operating computers, scanners, and other office equipment.
- One (1) or more years of experience assisting customers with Microsoft Office applications, email and Google Documents.
- One (1) or more years of experience in designing, developing, maintaining and editing websites and webpages, including cascading style sheets.
- One (1) or more years of experience with editing and maintaining library content management systems such as LibGuides.
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.