Librarian, Reference & Collection Development -- College of the Mainland -- Texas City, TX
College of the Mainland is seeking a motivated individual who will be responsible for performing various professional duties in support of library services for students, faculty and staff. See more details and apply online: https://jobs.com.edu/postings/1584
Education & Experience
ALA accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science and two (2) years of professional library experience. Three years’ experience in library reference services in an academic setting preferred.
Salary Range: $53,750 to $68,089
- Provides reference services for students, faculty and staff in person and online, including virtual reference such as LibAnswers.
- Provides library instruction to students, faculty and staff in person and online in library instruction classes and the library web site such as LibGuides, collaborating with faulty as needed.
- Coordinates the development and inventory of the library’s book and eBook collections; prepares and manages the book budget; maintains and analyzes statistics on usage and align spending with need; promotes the book and eBook collection through the library site, book displays, emails and social media; solicits faculty suggestions for the collection.
- Coordinates library services for Distance Education students in the course management system, collaborating with faulty as needed, surveys online students on library services and resources.
- Promotes library resources to faculty, staff and students through various methods including direct outreach, event planning, contributing to the library newsletter, social media and other opportunities as they arise.
- Coordinates the annual survey of user satisfaction of library services and materials.
- Trains and supervises the Acquisition Library Technician.
- Participates in writing and managing grants when relevant and appropriate.
- Participates in professional development and continuing education activities.
- Participates in library organizations and serves on college committees as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Required to work every other Saturday (9 am – 1 pm) and occasional nights.