Library Technician II, Acquisitions -- College of the Mainlands -- Texas City, TX
College of the Mainland is seeking a motivated individual who will be responsible for performing various professional duties in support of library services for students, faculty and staff. See more details and apply online: https://jobs.com.edu/postings/1588
Education & Experience
Associate’s degree and two (2) years of coursework in library science or two (2) years library experience. Bachelor’s degree, preferred. Experience using an Acquisition module in an ILS and
Experience with library acquisitions, cataloging and circulation principles preferred.
Salary Range: $ 34,853 to $ 43,566
- Assist the Collection Development Librarian in developing the collection, such as: ordering books and other items through services such as GOBI, Amazon and other vendors; suggesting or developing lists for possible purchase; verifying duplicates with owned.
- Receive books and input/import into library ILS.
- Follow up on missing or problem books/media titles by interacting with vendors, publishers, and producers.
- Maintain accurate totals for book and other library item expenditures such as eBooks, standing orders, lease books, and direct orders; review on a regular basis; pay invoices; send expense reports to Accounts Payable; reconcile paid invoices with library ILS; reconcile paid invoices with the College system.
- Assist patrons with library catalog and online databases, answer directional and reference questions in person and remotely via chat, email, the library online knowledgebase, the College course management system, etc. as needed.
- Conduct student tours, scavenger hunts, new employee orientations and library instruction for non-credit and adult education programs as needed.
- Maintain current library guide content and create new guide content as needed. Assist in creating and maintaining social media content and blog posts.
- Display books, eBooks and other library items in the library to promote circulation including design, book selection (sometimes from input from Collection Development Librarian) and promote online; maintain display supplies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- May be required to work occasional nights and Saturday mornings (9 am – 1 pm), as needed..