eLearning Developer (Temporary) -- University of Arizona -- Tucson, AZ
To apply: https://uacareers.com/postings/32709
Title: eLearning Developer (Temporary)
Department: Libraries - Research & Learning (1707)
Location: Main Campus
The University of Arizona Libraries, Research and Learning (R&L) department seeks a temporary (i.e. one-year with potential for extension dependent on funding) eLearning Developer who will be responsible for creating a wide range of screen-based media content for online courses, as well as layouts for tutorials and other online library resources for R&L, UA Health Sciences Library (UAHSL), and Special Collections. This may take the form of images and infographics, templates, tutorials, and videos. This position will work with subject matter experts and instructional designers from these departments, taking ideas and content and creating them online, using the best tools for the job. We are particularly interested in someone who is familiar with or has a passion for online learning environments. They will also work with analytics to create reports on usage for content managers, and to suggest changes to increase student engagement. Given the University Library’s collaborative and dynamic culture, the ideal candidate will feel most creatively inspired by teamwork and will be energized by a diverse and varied collection of projects.
Visit the University Libraries website to learn more about us.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Accepting a new position is a big life step. We want potential candidates and their families to be able to make informed decisions. Candidates who are considering relocation to the Tucson or Phoenix area, and have been offered an on-site interview, are encouraged to use the free services offered by Above & Beyond Relocation Services (ABRS).Ask your department contact to be introduced to ABRS prior to your visit.
As a nationally recognized leader, the University of Arizona strives to look forward. Listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States, the University provides strategic programs to enhance the lifecycles of a multigenerational workforce.
This award-winning portfolio includes consecutive Seal of Distinction awards for its exemplary Work-Life practices from WorldatWork, along with the 2017 Gold Healthy Arizona Worksite award, presented by the Arizona Department of Health Services and the Maricopa County Department of Public Health. For more information about the collaborative culture and innovative service offerings at the University of Arizona, visit Why UA.
The University of Arizona is an equal opportunity employer providing equal opportunity for women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist library faculty across the departments with the development of content for online delivery, including the incorporation of instructional technology, communication, and collaborative student engagement.
- Interpret instructional ideas, storyboards, and design briefs from instructional designers and subject matter experts to build engaging online learning.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to develop visual elements for interactive learning objects, videos and online learning environments.
- Design user-centered interaction models, wireframes or screen mockups for online learning that promote interaction, social presence, and community.
- Create custom icons, infographics and other design elements for use within the online learning environment.
- Use or develop media including stock photos and video footage.
- Closely collaborate with various stakeholders to solve complex design issues.
- Keep current on the latest standards, changes, trends in eLearning.
- Use existing analytic tools to inform development priorities.
- Organize, curate and tag assets for use in a variety of projects.
- Manage multiple projects while still maintaining a close attention to detail.
- The University Libraries supports the UA’s diversity and inclusiveness strategic initiatives designed to create an inclusive environment for all faculty, staff, and students. The candidate is expected to support diversity and inclusiveness efforts in the department and college.
- The UA Libraries support the UA’s diversity and inclusiveness strategic initiatives designed to create an inclusive environment for all faculty, staff, and students. The candidate is expected to support diversity and inclusiveness efforts in the department and college.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Familiarity with design and development tools like those found in the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Familiarity with ADA compliance, accessibility issues, and universal design principles.
- Expertise and knowledge of best practices for the design and development of online courses.
- Comfortable working with an iterative design and development process.
- Ability to generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Eagerness and agility in learning new skills, technologies, and practices related to eLearning.
- Ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work both independently and take direction effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent visual, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, along with presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and inclusive environment, one that values and leverages the benefits of diverse perspectives.
- Positive attitude and strong demonstration of Our Values: Collaboration, Continuous Learning, Diversity, Innovation, and Integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education Technology , Instructional Design, or related academic discipline.
- 2 years of eLearning development work experience.
- Experience creating learning objects with eLearning tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, or Camtasia.
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic knowledge of instructional and graphic design to create effective learning objects.
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic coding knowledge (i.e. HTML, CSS, Java).
- Experience using and interpreting web analytics for online tutorials or courses.
- Experience with usability testing of online learning tools and objects.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain currency with emerging technologies.
- Experience working directly with Subject Matter Experts in the development of learning objects.
- Experience with Course/Learning Management Systems, such as D2L.
- Experience as a student enrolled in a fully-online course.
- Working knowledge of designing assets for different outputs and devices (tablet, mobile and web).
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job Category: Non-Faculty Academic and Instructional
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay: $50,000-$55,000
Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Posting Number: A23048
Number of Vacancies: One
Limited to Current UA Employees: No
Contact Information for Candidates:
Open Date: 09/28/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Review Begins On: 10/15/2018
Special Instructions to Applicant:
In your letter of interest, please describe how your qualifications and experience are fitting for this position.
Please submit a link to samples of your prior design work.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Quick Link for Internal Postings: http://uacareers.com/postings/32709