Acquisitions & Electronic Resources Librarian -- Missouri University of Science and Technology -- Rolla, MO
The Curtis Laws Wilson Library of the Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T) invites applications for the position of Acquisitions & Electronic Resources Librarian.
Reporting to the Dean of the Library, the Acquisitions & Electronic Resources Librarian will be responsible for maintenance and acquisition of electronic resources and will oversee the purchase of physical materials. The librarian will manage the library’s electronic discovery tool, link resolver, knowledge base, EZproxy server, and usage statistics products, and will generate usage and budgetary reports to support collection development decisions. The librarian will actively collaborate with other library staff and participate on local and University of Missouri System library committees.
Missouri S&T is one of the nation’s leading research universities. Located about 100 miles west of St. Louis in the community of Rolla, Missouri S&T is an accessible, safe and friendly campus surrounded by Ozarks scenery. Missouri S&T offers degrees in engineering, the sciences, liberal arts, humanities and business, with master’s and Ph.D. programs available in many of the science and engineering programs and master’s degrees in biological sciences, business administration and technical communication. With nearly 9,000 students enrolled online and on campus, Missouri S&T is big enough to accommodate a diverse population but small enough for individuals to stand out. Rolla, a community of 19,000, enjoys an excellent educational system, competitive cost-of-living, and abundant recreational opportunities.
- Leads Acquisitions department, including supervising two acquisitions staff
- Acts as liaison with vendors and University of Missouri Library Consortial Resources office for purchasing, renewing, and licensing of resources
- Manages library's electronic discovery tool, knowledgebases, and usage statistics products
- Maintains and updates EZproxy server
- Oversees OCLC knowledgebase with journal holdings and interlibrary loan rules. Prepares quarterly electronic holdings files and a yearly embargoed titles list for Interlibrary Loan's RAPID program
- Gathers pricing information for potential database or online journal purchases and orchestrates demos of services/products with vendors
- Works with selectors on collection maintenance
- Gathers, compiles, and analyzes data for yearly portfolio review
- Uses PeopleSoft and Innovative Sierra catalog to create and update reports and to project expenditures
- Works on streaming video purchases and locally digitized files; clears copyright/licensing for owned materials so we may digitize them for streaming
Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from a program accredited by the American Library Association.
- Two or more years of experience maintaining and supporting electronic resources in an academic library setting
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces Incorporated products
- Experience with EZproxy
- Experience with link resolvers, knowledgebases, usage statistics tools, and discovery tools (e.g., Summon)
- Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in electronic resources and licensing
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in acquisitions and collection development
- Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills and the ability to perform effectively in a collaborative environment
- Successful and creative management of staff and operations
- Ability to work effectively with scholars and university partners
Applicant is required to submit a current resume/CV and cover letter.
To apply: apply at http://hr.mst.edu/careers/academic/ with Job ID 28399. Please submit a cover letter, a current resume/CV, and names and contact information for at least three professional references. The position closes on December 19, 2018.