Records Center Specialist -- Texas State Library & Archives Commision -- Austin, TX
Division: State and Local Records Management
Position Title: Records Center Specialist
Apply Now: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00013857&tz=G...
Work Location: 4400 Shoal Creek - Austin, TX 78756
Working Hours: M-F 8-5
Salary Group: A-11
Classification No. 0152/Admin Assistant II
Job Posting No. 00012532
Monthly Salary: $2,400 - $2,450 /Month
Date Job Available: May 01, 2021
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: Job Description - Records Center Specialist (00013857) (taleo.net)
TSLAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services, programs, or activities. For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TSLAC Human Resources office by calling 512-463-5474.
Applications submitted to TSLAC may be subject to public disclosure, upon request, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Military Crosswalk Information - Veterans, Reservist or Guardsman with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of: Army -92A - Automated Logistial Specialisst; Navy -SN Seaman; Coast Guard - 360 Yeoman; Marine - 0111 Administrative Specialist; Air Force - 3A1X1 - Administration, or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirement may meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
Performs routine (journey-level) administrative and technical program assistance work for the State Records Center. Provides record circulation, inventory control and delivery services for program customers. Utilizes an automated records storage tracking system to perform inventory adjustments and verifies the accuracy of transactions in a warehouse environment. Drives a full size van or 22 foot box truck to perform delivery services. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Pulls and Refiles records and disaster recovery materials at the State Records Center
- Assists with accession and destruction activities
- Drives full size van or large truck to deliver/pick up records from state agencies
- Performs data entry and uses hand held scanners on barcodes for automated records storage tracking systems
- Assists supervisor and circulation team lead with resolving storage issues
- Performs related work as assigned
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year’s work experience in one of the following: clerical work and/or inventory stock control work; records creation, filing, and control systems in an office; or inventory control in a warehouse or distribution center
- One year public contact experience in a service related job
- Experience with desktop computer and standard desktop software.
- Visual acuity, manual dexterity and legible handwriting
- Ability in operating a ¾-ton delivery van or larger box truck
- Ability to operate a forklift and willingness to become a certified forklift driver
- Ability to climb an 11-step ladder with a standard records storage box weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to transfer files/containers from one location to another including the physical strength to load and transport a minimum of 300 pounds on a two-wheel handcart
- Ability to adapt to changes in workflow of a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to speak and write clear, grammatically correct English
- Ability to tactfully communicate and convey policies and procedures in person and by telephone
- Ability to meet scheduling deadlines
- Ability to prepare and maintain detailed records, files, and reports with a high level of file integrity while working with a large volume of records
- Work experience lifting and moving heavy objects greater than 35 lbs
- Experience working in a records storage center and/or a government office or warehouse
- Experience working directly with customers
- Experience safely operating a ¾ -ton delivery van or larger truck for pick up and delivering materials or people.
- Experience operating a fork lift and or forklift certification
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND INFORMATION
- Will be tested on ability to pull and replace boxes in correct order, safely climb an 11-step ladder carrying boxes weighing up to 50 pounds, and transport up to 300 pounds on a two-wheel handcart.
- Pants and appropriate shoes should be worn to interview for lifting/moving test.
- In-basket filing exercise will be given at time of interview
- Criminal history check required after contingent job offer
- Valid Texas Driver License (Class C) and acceptable driving record
- Completion of a defensive driving course within 60 days of employment and every three years
No supervisory responsibilities. Reports to Circulation Team Lead and Assistant Manager, Records Center Services