Main Branch Manager -- Yuma County Library District -- Yuma, AZ
YUMA COUNTY invites applications for the position of: Main Branch Manager
Salary: $28.55 - $35.89 Hourly
Opening Date: 12/09/19
Closing Date: Continuous
This position is advertised from the minimum to the mid-point hourly rate. Salary will be determined based on education and experience at the time of offer.
Nature of Work
Under limited supervision of the Library District Deputy Director performs administrative and professional library work of considerable difficulty directing the operation of assigned Branch Library; provides library services and materials to the community; exercises direct supervision over Branch Library personnel; this position is department specific; hours may vary (Monday - Saturday) depending on the needs of the Library District.
Example of Work:
(Illustrative Only) Supervises, trains, and coordinates the activities of the youth, teens and adults services; provides training, instruction, and orientation to new employees, staff, and volunteers; participates in interviewing and selecting new employees and volunteers; determines work schedules; develops the Branch short and long-range plans of service with assistance of Deputy Library Director; develops operating procedures for the Main Library; plans and conducts regular staff meetings; selects, plans, assigns, supervises, and evaluates the work of subordinates; recommends and participates in staff disciplinary proceedings; participates in the ongoing staff training and development; conducts training classes and/or provides one-on-one training to staff as needed; assists Collection Development with a collection plan for the Main Library; oversees methodical rotation of material; organizes and supervises Adult programs such as computer lab and classes, Inter-library loan, special collections, special interest speakers, and large annual events and festivals; provides customer service and reference service as needed, responds to inquiries and/or issues from the public that come into the Main Library; ensures that building and grounds of the assigned library are properly maintained; coordinates building and equipment maintenance, janitorial services, and repairs; responsible for the supervision and coordination of the security guards within the Main Library; reviews and submits purchase requests for programs and resources for the Main Library; performs a variety of administrative and technical tasks related to library services; supervises the development and planning of the Main Library programs, services, and computer instruction for youth, teens, and adults; serves as library liaison to the community and demonstrates good stewardship of library resources; serves as the Person in Charge daily, including nights and weekends; establishes and maintains partnerships and effective working relationships with other departments, agencies, school districts, and community groups regarding program offerings and coordination of services and facilities; collaborates with other Branch Managers and/or Branch Supervisors in development of cohesive standard operating procedures among branches; makes presentations at Library District meetings and workshops; regular and reliable attendance is required; performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Master's degree in library science from an ALA accredited college or university and four (4) years of experience in a library environment; five (5) years of supervisory experience; OR any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Special Requirements: Successful completion of a background check; must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of: County policies and procedures; principles, methods, and practices of library administration; current budgeting practices; library automation and technology; current public library policies, procedures, and systems; public relations and customer service methods, practices and procedures; organization of library services; principles and practices of supervision; general subject areas, books, authors and reading levels.
- Skill in: Computer operations including online and automated systems and related equipment and software applications; supervising staff including hiring, training and evaluating performance; planning, scheduling and overseeing branch library operations; preparing and administering budgets; providing effective customer-oriented service; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the public; communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to: Communicate effectively verbally and in writing; use modern office equipment and computers; supervise, organize, direct and evaluate staff; communicate effectively verbally and written; planning and organizing work; lift at least 20 lbs; perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Work Environment: The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, and/or kneeling; and significant fine finger dexterity; generally, the job requires 60% sitting, 20% walking and 20% standing; working at a computer monitor for extended periods required; the job is performed under minimal temperature variations and under extreme likelihood of verbal abuse from hostile and frustrated customers.
EOE/AA/ADAAA/M/FN/D DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://yumacountyaz.gov
198 S. Main St Yuma, AZ 85364
Position # 20AJ MAIN BRANCH MANAGER
Main Branch Manager Supplemental Questionnaire:
* 1. What do your patrons expect of you, and how do you know you are meeting their expectations?
* 2. Describe your involvement in staff development. How many people do you directly supervise?
* 3. Describe your experience with youth, teen, adult and Spanish Programming.
* 4. Describe your experience with Community Outreach.
* 5. Describe your approach to internal customer service.
* Required Question