Branch Supervisor-Wellton -- Yuma County Library District -- Yuma, AZ
YUMA COUNTY invites applications for the position of: Branch Supervisor - Wellton
Salary: $22.96 - $28.86 Hourly
Opening Date:: 03/08/21
Closing Date:: Continuous
This position is advertised from the minimum to the mid-point hourly rate. Salary will be determined based on education and experience at the time of offer.
Nature of Work
Under limited supervision of the Library District Deputy Director performs work of considerate difficulty in the management of a branch library; performs related work as required or assigned. This position has department specific responsibility. Hours may vary (Tuesday - Saturday) depending on the needs of the Library District.
Example of Work:
(Illustrative Only) Supervises, evaluates, trains, and coordinates the activities of the assigned staff; provides, training, instruction, and orientation to new employees and volunteers; participates in interviewing and selecting new employees; provides customer service and reference service as needed, responds to inquiries from the public that come into the Branch Library; as well assists patrons with email accounts, various applications , and electronic resources; responds to complaints; assists patrons with inquiries related to iPhone, tablets, laptops, including but not limited to connect to Wi-Fi devices; creates monthly Branch schedule and weekly desk schedule; oversees the weeding process by using Collection HQ, in order to accurately weed branch collection; responsible for maintaining an inventory list of all equipment, materials and building needs for future request purchases; establishes and maintains partnerships and effective working relationships with other departments, agencies, school districts, and community groups regarding program offerings and coordination of services and facilities; responsible for report writing and branch statistics; coordinates and conducts regular branch staff meetings; compiles reports, bibliographies, and search guides; coordinates the development and planning of special programs and participates in program implementation; promotes public library services to the local community and assists patrons in the use of the library, answers basic questions, and prepares calendars and flyers; may provide, or facilitate, basic reference, research assistance, and readers' advisory service to library patrons; ensures on-site organization and maintenance of library materials and other tasks related to library services; works closely with the community (i.e., schools, clinics, etc.) to promote Friends Book Sales and distribute weeded collection; oversees interlibrary loan and local circulation functions appropriate to a branch library; prepares schedules and reports. Justifies branch-related expenditures; collaborates with other branch managers/supervisors in development of cohesive standard operating procedures among branches; may assist with grant proposals and monitors the expenditure of the grant funds received; direct special projects; may make presentations at Library District meetings and workshops; assists with troubleshooting regarding self-checkout, projector, iPads, public branch computers, copy machine and coin machine; reconciles bills and handles monies; regular and reliable attendance is required; performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Bachelor's degree in Library Science, business, public administration or a closely related field; AND four (4) years of library experience including two (2) years of supervisory experience; OR any combination of education, training or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position. Require a successful completion of a background check and possession of a valid Arizona driver's license.
Preferred Requirements: Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of: reader interest levels; books, authors, periodicals, and non-print materials; public library operations; principles and practices of supervision; computers and computer software including word processing and data entry; adult and youth program development, including storytelling and puppetry; information and reference services; computers and computer software including word processing, data entry, and the Internet; circulation functions appropriate to a branch library.
- Skill in: training, supervising, and evaluating work of others; maintaining records and preparing reports; preparation of bibliographies, schedules, and brochures; providing effective customer oriented service; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public; following written and verbal instructions ; communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to: develop and implement work unit goals, objectives, programs and plans; read, to write and synthesize data and reports; use modern office equipment and computers; ability in assigning and leading the work of others; communicate effectively verbally and written; plan and organize work; stand for long periods of time (up to 6 hours); bend, push, pull, lift and carry up to 20 lbs; perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional standing, bending, pushing, lifting, sitting and/or carrying. Working at a computer monitor for extended periods required. Interaction with library staff, customers, agencies and/or vendors. This job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in generally hazard free environment.
EOE/AA/ADAAA/M/FN/D DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://yumacountyaz. gov
198 S. Main St Yuma, AZ 85364
Position # 219SM
BRANCH SUPERVISOR - WELLTON
Branch Supervisor - Wellton Supplemental Questionnaire
1. What do your patrons expect of you, and how do you know you are meeting they expectations?
2. Describe your involvement in staff development. How many people do you directly supervise?
3. Describe your experience with youth, teen, adult, and Spanish Programing.
4. Describe your experience with Community Outreach.
5. Describe your approach to internal customer service.