ARPA Project Coordinator -- Texas State Library & Archives Commission -- Austin, TX
Division: Executive Office
Position Title: ARPA Project Coordinator - TEMP (ends 09/2022)
Apply Now: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00014122&tz=G...
Work Location: 1201 Brazos - Austin, TX 78701
Working Hours: M-F 8-5
Salary Group: B-22
Classification No. 1559/Project Manager II
Job Posting No. 00014122
Monthly Salary: $5667 - $6355 /Month
Date Job Available: May 1, 2021
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00014122&tz=G...
TSLAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services, programs, or activities. For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TSLAC Human Resources office by calling 512-463-5474.
Applications submitted to TSLAC may be subject to public disclosure, upon request, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Military Crosswalk Information - Veterans, Reservist or Guardsman with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields of: Army no MOS, Navy no MOS, Marine 8058, AF 63AX, or other related fields pertaining to the minimum experience requirement may meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
This position is temporary through September 30, 2022.
Performs moderately complex (journey-level project management work. Serves as the agency-wide project manager for all activities funded by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). This position oversees, initiates, and is responsible for the successful completion of agency-wide and grant-funded projects. This position is temporary through September 30, 2022. Works under general supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Performs administrative tasks necessary to plan and execute projects funded by the ARPA.
- Consults with division subject-matter experts in the management of ARPA-funded projects.
- Tracks the expenditure and performance of subgrant projects using ARPA funds.
- Compiles and distributes project information, status reports, and budget expenditure reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Complies with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety, dress code, and standards of conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- One year of experience in project management work
- Experience in the use of standard desktop software
- Knowledge of project management theories and practices
- Skill in project management monitoring
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to prepare reports and make presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively interpret policies, procedures, and regulations
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information
- Project Management Professional certification
- Experience tracking project expenditures
- Project management experience in a Texas state agency context
- Library experience or awareness of library operations and programs
- Experience using project management software
- Complete college transcripts
- Writing samples
- Overnight travel by personal automobile and commercial aircraft occasionally required
- Overtime and/or evening work may be required
Reports to the Director and Librarian, has no supervisory skills.