Collection Development & Acquisitions Librarian -- Southeast Missouri State University -- Cape Girardeau, MO
Assistant Professor, Tenure Track
Collection Development & Acquisitions Librarian
Full-time, Faculty position
The Collection Development & Acquisitions Librarian will lead and manage the Acquisitions unit. The Librarian will supervise professional and clerical/technical Acquisitions staff. This Librarian is responsible for acquisition of new and continuing online and physical resources. Financial responsibilities include managing the library’s resources and contractual accounts. This position shares responsibility for leadership of the library management system. The Librarian communicates frequently with academic department faculty; consortium, publishers, and vendors; and university business offices.
- Lead and manage the Kent Library Acquisitions unit and its operations.
- Hire, train and supervise Acquisitions professional and clerical/technical staff.
- Share responsibility for the library’s Dewey to Library of Congress reclassification project and coordinate the physical collection review with academic department liaisons.
- Oversee the Acquisitions budget and fiscal reporting and the purchase of new and continuing library resources.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with consortiums, publishers, vendors and electronic service and platform providers.
- Communicate effectively with university academic departments and units.
- Guide library collection development and collection management activities and chair the Collection Development & Management Committee.
- Direct eResources management across multiple internal and external platforms.
- Share responsibility for the library management system’s administration and serve on the leadership team.
- Serve as liaison librarian to academic departments.
- Head library collection assessment and ongoing review and evaluation of all collections and formats.
- Provide excellent customer service and user interactions to faculty, staff, students, publishers and vendors and their representatives, and those donating materials to Kent Library.
- Engage in scholarly research and writing and pursue a professional development program.
- Contribute to Kent Library committees, activities, and outreach, and to the University through faculty governance and service on committees.
- Support Southeast Missouri State University’s and Kent Library’s strategic planning activities.
- ALA-accredited Masters degree
- Two years of experience as a professional librarian
- Minimum of one year in a supervisory, management or leadership role
- Knowledge of library acquisitions, resources licensing and budget management
- Strong service orientation and flexibility
- Demonstrated experience with project management
- Ability to effectively implement change
- Experience working with a library management system
- Knowledge, or awareness of, current trends in library acquisitions
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Customer service experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a group
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Teaching and Learning and Southeast Online. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Application Deadline: The position is available January 4, 2022 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by September 24, 2021.
To Apply: Submit the following items online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com//semoedu/default.cfm?promotionaljobs=1
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Name and contact information of three professional references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
Library Information: Information regarding Kent Library can be found at http://library.semo.edu/.
University Facts: Southeast Missouri State University is a comprehensive regional state university with seven colleges and schools, 10,000 students, and 1,000 faculty and staff. Southeast, a moderately selective institution, offers baccalaureate, masters and specialist degrees, and participates in joint doctoral programs with the University of Missouri. Cape Girardeau, a historic city overlooking the Mississippi River, is the hub of a thriving county with a population of approximately 71,000. Serving a region of more than 500,000 people, it is the largest center for retail, medical, manufacturing, communications, and cultural activities between St. Louis and Memphis.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER