Library Services Associate II -- University of Arizona -- Tucson, AZ
Posting Number: req6563
Department: Collection Services
Department Website Link: https://new.library.arizona.edu/about/organization
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position Highlights: Please note: the new review date for this position is September 2, 2021.
The position functions as an integral part of the Collection Services department with primary responsibility in the acquisition of materials in all formats for the UA Libraries.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews requests for library material submitted by library selectors, faculty, and students, assesses availability, locates appropriate vendors, and communicates with requesters to problem-solve complex requests;
- Places firm orders for material in all formats, creates order records in the Library Services Platform (LSP), monitors order fulfillment, and communicates with vendors as needed to resolve issues;
- Interacts with a variety of vendors and vendor systems and continually monitors and responds to changes in vendors, vendor contracts, and vendor services;
- Receives and reconciles invoices in preparation for payment in Accounting;
- Participates in the workflows that maintain the libraries’ demand driven, evidence based, approval, and other acquisitions programs;
- Supports our Course-Driven Acquisition program [CDA] by acquiring material requested by instructors in all formats, including ebooks and streaming video;
- The Libraries supports the UA’s diversity and inclusiveness strategic initiatives designed to create an inclusive environment for all faculty, staff, and students. The incumbent is expected to support diversity and inclusiveness efforts in the department and college;
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree AND no work experience required; OR four years progressively responsible library, information center, or related work experience; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.
- Experience working in a library setting.
- Experience in working with spreadsheets.
- Work experience with financial transactions.
- Experience with cataloging and metadata standards.
- Experience in library tools, systems, and resources related to acquisitions functions in academic libraries.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Libraries
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.00 - $17.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level: OC2
Job Family: Library Services
Job Function: Libraries
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Target Hire Date: 9/20/2021
Contact Information for Candidates: Armando Cruz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Open Date: 8/16/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant: To ensure your application materials are considered, please submit your application by the first review date of September 2, 2021.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.