Workforce Development Consultant -- Texas State Library & Archives Commission -- Austin, TX
Division: Library Development & Networking
Position Title: Workforce Development Consultant
Apply Now: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=00017541&tz=G...
Work Location: 1201 Brazos - Austin, TX 78711
Working Hours: M-F 8-5
Salary Group: B-20
Classification No. 1573B/Program Specialist IV
Job Posting No. 00017541
Monthly Salary: $4,600 - $5,200 /Month
Date Job Available: November 1, 2021
Please paste the following URL into a browser to view the entire job posting in the CAPPS Career Section: Job Description - Workforce Development Consultant (00017541) (taleo.net)
TSLAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability in employment or in the provision of services, programs, or activities. For job opening inquiries or to request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act please contact the TSLAC Human Resources office by calling 512-463-5474.
Applications submitted to TSLAC may be subject to public disclosure, upon request, pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
Veterans, Reservist or Guardsmen with an MOS or additional duties that fall in the fields (No MOS) pertaining to the minimum experience requirements may meet the minimum qualifications for this position and are highly encouraged to apply. Please call Human Resources at (512) 463-6564 with questions or for additional information.
Additional Military Crosswalk information can be accessed at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_Inform...
This is a temporary position that ends August 31, 2023.
Performs highly complex, (senior-level) consultative work. The Workforce Development Consultant takes a leadership role to ensure Texas libraries are knowledgeable about, and have resources to implement services and partnerships that promote workforce development in their communities. The Workforce Development Consultant also serves as the project lead for internal, statewide, and national initiatives and projects related to workforce development in libraries. Coordinates project goals with other division/agency programs. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
- Plan, coordinate, implement, present, and evaluate a statewide program of learning and resources related to library services, programs, and policies that support workforce development.
- Develop and maintain internal and external partnerships related to workforce development, adult education, and libraries.
- Maintain a variety of resources for assigned projects via agency website, blog, and a variety of social media.
- Consult with Texas librarians, library boards, and interested citizens in the area of workforce development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend work regularly in accordance with agency leave and attendance policies.
- Comply with all applicable agency policies and procedures, including safety and standards of conduct.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Substitution: experience as described below may substitute for degree on a year for year basis (max 4 years).
- Two years experience in public services in libraries, adult education, or another area related to workforce development. (such as adult literacy, job search assistance, career & job training, student transitions, labor market research and/or analysis, etc.)
- One year of experience using a variety of software applications including standard desktop applications.
- Experience presenting to groups or delivering training.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to take initiative in areas of responsibility as part of statewide library development team.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives.
- Experience related to workforce development (such as adult education, adult literacy, job search assistance, career & job training, student transitions, labor market research and/or analysis, administering a workforce program in a library, etc.)
- Experience creating or managing partnerships.
- Experience in the area(s) of outreach or community engagement.
- Experience planning and managing projects.
- Experience with the Texas Workforce Commission, local Workforce Solutions offices, or programs funded by the Texas Workforce Commission.
- Experience designing training or developing curriculum.
- Work experience in libraries.
- Work experience with a variety of online tools and applications (e.g. social media, web content management systems, blogs, survey tools).
- Experience with online meeting software and learning management systems (e.g. GoToWebinar, WebEx, Adobe Connect, Moodle)
- Master's degree in library science, adult education, adult literacy, or another area related to workforce development.
- Experience working in or with multiple types of libraries or library consortia.
- Regular travel (up to 25%) by automobile and airplane. Some evening and weekend work required; may extend beyond 40-hour work week.
- Submit complete college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate).
- Submit portfolio of writing samples, including any Web pages or training materials.
- Applicants selected for interview will make a 15 minute presentation on an assigned topic.
- Occasional moving of objects up to 15lbs may be required.
No supervisory responsibilities. Reports to Manager, Continuing Education & Consulting.