Librarian – Assistant Head of Acquisitions -- University of Texas at Dallas -- Richardson, TX
Librarian – Assistant Head of Acquisitions
The Assistant Head of Acquisitions is responsible for timely and accurate ordering, receipt, invoicing and reconciliation of all monographic, continuous orders and electronic items for the Library collection. This position plans, organizes, delegates and evaluates procedures and workflows for ordering and payment of library materials in all formats. Provides support to the Associate Library Director for Technical Services and collaborates in the development and implementation of unit policies and procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience
Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution; experience in working with an integrated library system, preferably ExLibris’ Alma; excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Preferred Education and Experience
Two years’ experience working in academic libraries, working with an integrated library system preferably ExLibris’ ALMA. Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented and accurate in all phases of work.
Supervisory experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to be highly motivated, to exercise initiative, and to explore new methods of acquisition and payment of library resources. Knowledge of acquisition industry and electronic resource standards preferred. Prior experience with GOBI, Midwest Library Services and Coutts preferred. Working knowledge of e-resource activation, packaging and licensing agreements preferred. Experience working in a dynamic, demand-driven environment and the ability to work directly with others as well as individually. Preference given to candidate with foreign language skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in management and coordination of the functions of the department.
- Insures that information resources in all formats (print, electronic, archival, etc.) are promptly ordered, received, and paid for.
- Provides supervision, technical assistance and training to ordering staff, including support for problem-solving related to ordering, receiving and invoicing workflows.
- Maintains integrity of acquisitions data in Library’s acquisitions software.
- Interacts with selectors to manage ordering, claiming and related order follow-up activities.
- Manages contact with vendors in relation to ordering, claiming, report generation and record supply.
- Approves all purchase orders and invoices for library materials. Oversees monthly reconciliation of purchasing card charges for Library materials and monthly reconciliation of purchasing activities in ALMA against PeopleSoft charges.
- Attends professional meetings and training workshops to contribute to growth and competence.
- Promotes and publicizes the use of information resources by participating in Library and University committees.
- Reports to the Associate Library Director for Technical Services. Work hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
- Exposure to standard office conditions. Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation. Work under pressure of deadlines.
To apply: https://jobs.utdallas.edu/postings/17051
1) The University of Texas at Dallas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (M/F/D/V).
2) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.