Medical Librarian -- Sam Houston State University -- Huntsville, TX
Medical Librarian at Sam Houston State University – College of Osteopathic Medicine:
Full-time, non-tenure track, Clinical Assistant Professor, 12-month position. Sam Houston State University library and the College of Osteopathic Medicine, seek a dynamic individual to fill this position. This librarian will be an active faculty member of the integrated, collaborative founding cohort at our new medical school. The librarian will provide a wide range of professional reference, research, and instructional services to meet the teaching, learning, and research needs of students and faculty of the College of Osteopathic Medicine. The Medical Librarian:
- Works with students, faculty, staff and other library users in locating and interpreting library resources in medical subject areas.
- Has the opportunity to serve as faculty in Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) curricula.
- Prepares materials to facilitate access to collections including bibliographic guides, handouts, web-based tutorials, and additional educational content and research support.
- Provides formal and informal bibliographic instruction and/or research assistance, to groups and individuals as needed or as assigned.
- Serves as the bibliographer for collection development supporting the College of Osteopathic Medicine and recommends materials for purchase/subscription.
- Serves as an active and integrated faculty member in the College of Osteopathic Medicine – while having the resources of the SHSU Library and other faculty librarians for support.
Required Qualifications: A degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited master’s program.
Preferred Qualifications: One or more years of professional-level experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in a health science or academic library; experience working with medical school faculty, staff, and students; undergraduate or graduate degree in the physical, life, health, or related science; membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP); demonstrated teaching skills, with an understanding of instructional design principles; experience building instructional materials using SpringShare LibApps tools, and Blackboard or other comparable learning management systems; familiarity with medical vocabulary; experience providing library outreach services.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience and education.
Note: This position is located in Conroe, TX at the College of Osteopathic Medicine facility.
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity or expression. Sam Houston University is an "at will" employer. Employees with a contract will have additional terms and conditions. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code 51.215.