Library Systems Analyst -- Texas Christian University -- Ft. Worth, TX
The Mary Couts Burnett Library at Texas Christian University seeks applicants for the position of Library Systems Analyst. Located in Fort Worth, Texas, TCU is a private university offering 116 undergraduate, 65 master’s level and 38 doctoral programs, with an average undergraduate enrollment of around 10,000. Staff benefits include approximately 4.4 weeks annual vacation and 12 days annual sick leave accrual, a retirement plan contribution based on 8% of annual salary, as well as health, dental, and vision insurance plans. Fort Worth has a population of just over 900,000 and includes a cultural district with three world-renowned art museums, several full-time music, theater and dance performing arts companies, and a vibrant downtown night life centered on Sundance Square.
The Mary Couts Burnett Library has a collection of over 3 million physical items, extensive online journal, ebook and database subscriptions, and a Special Collections department that includes physical archives, rare books, and a digital repository of over 40,000 historical and scholarly works.
Position Description: The Library Systems Analyst supports library staff and patrons in the use of integrated library system (ILS) software and digital repository applications. They provide library digital services to TCU and the global scholarly community by maintaining, enhancing, and creating web-based applications used for input, preservation, and presentation of TCU faculty and student scholarship, archival collections, and special collections
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains the library integrated system software by working with the Director of Automated Systems to plan and install upgrades; implementing configuration changes as requested by staff; troubleshooting problems; creating reports; developing automated record imports and exports to other campus and third-party applications; documenting functionality for patrons and staff.
- Maintains the library digital repository software by performing regular maintenance, troubleshooting and installing upgrades in collaboration with Director of Automated Systems; providing documentation and support to staff, faculty, and students who input files into the repository; maintaining interfaces between our local repository and national/international archival gateways and search engines; and assisting the University Archivist in planning for long-term preservation and access to digital content in the repository.
- Provides library digital services to TCU and the global scholarly community by maintaining, enhancing, and creating web-based applications used for input, preservation, and presentation of TCU faculty and student scholarship, archival collections, and special collections.
- Supports library staff use of technology by consulting with staff on special projects as requested; serving on committees; assisting with planning for future technology needs.
- Ensures that library digital services provide state-of-the-art support to the university by monitoring developments in the field and participating in professional organizations and training opportunities; keeping other library staff informed of important issues; suggesting enhancements to other library services as appropriate.
- Coordinates faculty approvals and cataloging of TCU online theses and dissertation submissions and assists Honors College faculty and staff with honors papers submissions and approvals.
- Accomplishes staff results by prioritizing, scheduling, and assigning work assignments; monitoring work results.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience, Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or MIS (Management Information Systems) or Masters in Library Science (ALA accredited).
- 2 years experience with software automation, troubleshooting and integration with other software products in the context of libraries, archives or museums;
- Experience creating/maintaining software code in at least one widely used programming language.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting DSpace digital repository software.
- Experience managing Integrated Library System software.
- Experience managing Linux servers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Library data standards such as MARC, and familiarity with automation of Acquisitions, Cataloging, Circulation and Search functions.
- Ability to implement software solutions for gathering, organizing and preserving institutional digital content
- Proficiency in web page development techniques and standards, such as HTML5, CSS and WCAG 2.0.
- Ability to perform software conversions and upgrades.
- Ability to develop and modify relational database applications using SQL-based software tools.
- Ability to communicate clearly and grammatically both orally and in writing.
- Ability to review and make recommendations to improve and streamline processes.
- Knowledge of planning and organizing techniques.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques.
Apply via TCU Human Resources site: https://jobs.tcu.edu/en-us/job/497801/library-systems-analyst
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer