Teen Services Coordinator -- Tulsa City-County Library -- Tulsa, OK
Location: Youth Services Dept. Central Library 400 Civic Center, Tulsa, OK. 74103
Status: Full Time - Exempt
Please follow the link to apply: https://jobapply.page.link/ZwYtL
The Tulsa City-County Library Teen Services Coordinator position calls for a strong, teen-centric coordinator who can continue developing the library’s engagement activities with Tulsa County teens and tweens and the adults and agencies that support them. Strong organizational skills are required to manage systemwide teen services from the Youth Services Department; to administer funds relegated to teen and tween services; to serve as Tulsa City-County Library’s spokesperson in the community regarding teen and tween issues, programs, and events; and to provide development and leadership opportunities for the system’s teen associates and librarians.
- Coordinates systemwide teen and tween programming, including budgeting, grant and trust proposal management, event and program timelines, program implementation, planning, and reports;
- Serves as chairperson of the Teen Action Committee;
- Supervises staff relevant to teen and tween programming, including professional development, guidance, and implementation coaching of new programming models;
- Evaluates the effectiveness of teen and tween services working with teen services staff, branch, and departmental managers in the development of outcomes-based planning of programs and services;
- Works with a variety of staff systemwide to manage various aspects of teen and tween services and programs;
- Researches innovative programs and methods of serving teens and tweens;
- Provides relevant staff training and professional development;
- Promotes teen and tween programming and services to the community;
- Represents TCCL (Tulsa City-County Library) on relevant community boards and related youth-focused organizations and schools;
- Acts as library spokesperson when communicating information about teen and tween services.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains content on the library’s Teen website, measuring content for impact and effectiveness;
- Coordinates TCCL’s Safe Place service in partnership with Youth Services of Tulsa, including oversight of staff training materials;
- Serves on selection committees for TCCL youth literature awards;
- Attends local, state, and national professional development conferences;
- Provides support for general activities of the Youth Services Dept.;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of public library practices working with teens and tweens;
- Advanced knowledge of teen and tween developmental milestones;
- Demonstrated proficiency with teen-focused outcomes-based project/program planning, implementation, and evaluation;
- Experience with all formats of teen and tween materials;
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Library Science required;
- Minimum of three years library experience required, public library experience preferred;
- Minimum two years’ experience project/program planning, implementation and evaluation specifically serving teens/tweens.
Physical Activity & Environmental Conditions
Work routinely requires lifting of moderately heavy items, such as equipment, boxes (up to 40 pounds) and/ or very long periods of walking on a routine basis, and/ or standing for long periods of time and/ or frequently requires stooping or bending.
Work environment involves occasional minor discomforts from exposure to less than optimal temperature and air conditions. This job may involve dealing with modestly unpleasant situations, such as occasional exposure to office chemicals and/ or extensive use of video display terminals.