Administrative Associate IV -- West Texas A&M University -- Canyon, TX
Job Title: Administrative Associate IV
Agency: West Texas A&M University
Department: Library Operations
Proposed Minimum Salary: $15.68 hourly
Job Location: Canyon, Texas
Job Type: Staff
The A&M System strives to maintain a competitive, high-quality benefit package to support the health and wellness needs of our diverse workforce. This includes comprehensive health and welfare insurance plans, additional health and lifestyle programs, and optional retirement savings opportunities. Eligible employees will have access to paid leave programs in addition to 13-15 paid holidays each year. For more information regarding the benefit package go to: West Texas A&M University: Human Resources Benefits
Along with other Library Administrative Associate IV, keeps the library’s administrative office running on a day-to-day basis by acting as a receptionist, answering phone calls and welcoming guests. Provide library patrons calling or visiting the administrative suite with general information regarding library policies and procedures. Composes correspondence, reports, and surveys for library administration. Maintains and updates library administration files, following retention policy. Responsible for internal paperwork for establishing new library employees and maintains staff files. Orders capital equipment purchases in consultation with Library Director and Library Facilities Manager. Responsible for bookkeeping regarding non-library resources procurement. Processes travel for library staff. Acts as treasurer for the Friends of the Cornette Library Board and secretary for the Texas Poets’ Corner Advisory Board, assisting both boards with mailings, correspondence and/or updating of website, and ordering giveaways and food for events. Serves as backup to the other Library Administrative Associate IV. May be asked to work nights and weekends.
Library Administrative Office Management:
- Acts as receptionist for library administrative office, answers telephone, provides information regarding library policies and procedures.
- Uses office PC to compose correspondence, interoffice memos, and various reports in accordance with instructions from library administration personnel.
- Maintains and updates library administration files, following University retention policy.
- Order capital equipment purchases for library and in consultation with Library Director and Library Facilities Manger determines appropriate vendor.
- Handles sensitive information in confidential manner.
- Keeps Cornette Library’s policy manual and Library Administrative Associate manual current; updating as needed.
- Provides clerical assistance to the Head of Outreach and Instruction and assistance with library events.
- Completes documentation needed by the Texas State Library for Interlibrary Loan reimbursement.
- Meets with Director of Information and Library Resources on a regular basis and with library administration office staff weekly to foster communication among office staff and to address any concerns.
- Produces internal paperwork for establishing a new library full-time employee (employment information form, schedule, key requites, IT forms, etc.)
- Acts as Workday alternate for library administration and library unit heads. Acts as Workday alternate, approves payroll and other HR generated request in Workday and in the absence of library administration staff and supervisors.
- Maintains staff personnel files.
- Maintains library flower and gift fund in adherence to library policy on sickness/deaths and retirements.
- Processes University interdepartmental requisitions (IDRs) for Interlibrary Loan and photocopier charges.
- Processes reimbursement checks from Interlibrary Loan borrowing libraries for damaged or lost Cornette Library resources/materials.
- Processes library monetary gifts.
- Process gifts to the Friends of the Cornette Library.
- Handles non-library materials/resources procurement, except for office supplies. Determines method of payment and account.
- Uses University’s Colleague System to create requisitions to pay vendors and for tracking purchasing orders.
- As a University procurement card case manager for library personnel ordering non-resource library items, allocates credit card charges to the appropriate account using the University procurement card vendor’s Global CITIManager – Expense Management online site. Prepares all paperwork to submit to the Purchasing Department by the established deadline.
- Posts all non-library resource charges such as telephone, computer/printer maintenance, postage, and Gold Card maintenance by account number to Library Budget Overview spreadsheets.
- After verifying Xerox copier and printer billing, makes rental payments.
- Verifies monthly long-distance call report, assuring that all calls are business calls before authorizing payment.
- Reimburses lending libraries for damaged or lost Interlibrary Loan resources/materials.
- Trains library staff on proper travel procedures.
- Produces notification of absence forms in Colleague for all approved travel.
- Types travel vouchers for library staff reimbursement for travel.
- Acts as custodian of library CBA account.
Friends of the Cornette Library Board:
- Serves as Treasurer of the Friends of the Cornette Library Board.
- Attends Friends of the Cornette Library Board meetings.
- Maintains the Friends of the Cornette Library (Friends) membership roster.
- Maintains Friends of the Cornette Library financial records in Foundation accounts.
- Maintains and updates Friends of the Cornette Library website as needed.
- Prepares membership renewal and event mailings to the Friends of the Cornette Library.
- Assists with setup and cleanup with Friends of the Cornette Library events.
Texas Poets' Corner Advisory Board:
- Attends Texas Poets’ Corner Advisory Board meetings.
- Takes minutes at Texas Poets’ Corner Advisory Board meetings and distributes minutes to Advisory Board members after each meeting.
- Maintains Texas Poets’ Corner financial records in Foundation accounts.
- Prepares event mailings for Texas Poets’ Corner events
- Processes scholarship award(s) and composes award notification letters.
- Assists with setup and cleanup with Texas Poets’ Corner events.
Serves as backup to other Administrative Associate IV in library administration office.
Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 years of related experience in areas, such as, an office environment where confidentiality is a priority, bookkeeping and purchasing, minute taking, cash handling and supervision.
- Adept in technology with demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher).
- Uses time management skills to multi-task, analyze, organize, and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment, while meeting deadlines.
- Detailed-oriented with high level of accuracy.
- Strategic, flexible, and resourceful, showing initiative, and anticipating library staff needs.
- Enjoys working with people and has excellent interpersonal communication skills, including good telephone answering skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent soft skills: approachable, patient, and good listener.
- Proven ability to work well independently and in a team environment, which ability to view issues from a library-wide perspective using creative problem solving with a desire to contribute ideas and solutions.
- Displays critical thinking skills by using discretion and judgement in the day-to-day managing of library admin processes.
- Demonstrates workplace ethics, handling sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Excellent typing and keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge and use of social media.
- Business degree, Communications degree, or courses toward Masters in Library Science.
- Experience using a library online catalog system.
Please include the following with your application:
- Cover letter
- Three references
Please attach all documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the "My Experience" page before continuing through the application. Please use the “Upload” button to add each document individually. All revisions must be made prior to application submission. If you need assistance with uploading documents, please contact WTAMU Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas law requires all males age 18 through 25 to be properly registered with the Selective Service System.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.