Associate Librarian and Director of Resource Management & Discovery -- Texas A&M University -- Corpus Christi, TX
The Mary and Jeff Bell Library at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi (TAMU-CC) invites applications for the Director of Resource Management & Discovery. This position is responsible for overseeing collection management and providing leadership for the library’s Resource Management & Discovery Department. This is a non-tenure track faculty librarian position. The anticipated rank at time of hire is Associate Librarian; rank will be determined by experience brought to the position at the time of hire based on current procedure outlined in 12.07.99.C0.01 Fixed Term Faculty Members.
For list of responsibilities, see the full job posting at https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/details/Associ...
- Master's degree in library science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- At least 5 years progressively responsible experience as a professional librarian in an academic library.
- Recent experience with acquisitions and/or collection management in an academic library, including familiarity with library collection budgets.
- Supervisory experience.
- Planning and leadership skills, with the ability to function independently, take initiative, and set goals and priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence, diversity & inclusion, and a patron-centered approach to library technical services.
- Evidence of effective communication, and interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- 5 or more years experience as a technical services librarian.
- Experience implementing or administering the Alma library services platform.
- Experience maintaining a library catalog discovery service (e.g., Summon, Primo).
- Experience managing a library materials budget.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a continually-changing environment.
Apply online at the link above. The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Review of applications will begin Monday, August 1, 2022.
Minimum starting salary: $72,000. Salary will be determined upon qualifications and experience.
The Bell Library is committed to TAMU-CC’s identity as a Hispanic-Serving Institution that embraces diversity. Our goal is to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone we serve can seek knowledge and growth without barriers. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate their ability to contribute to the diversity and mission of our university.
About the University
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a vibrant, Hispanic Serving Doctoral Research Institution that proudly provides a solid academic reputation, renowned faculty and highly-rated degree programs since 1947. The University has a heritage of teaching excellence with innovation in research and community engagement as part of the distinguished Texas A&M System. With palm tree-lined pathways throughout the campus, nearby natural wetlands, a scenic hike-and-bike trail and a university beach, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is the only university in the nation located on its own island, at the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast.