Director of Special Collections and Archives -- Texas A&M University -- Corpus Christi, TX
The Mary and Jeff Bell Library at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi invites applications for Director of Special Collections and Archives, a non-tenure track faculty position at the rank of Associate Librarian. The Director of Special Collections and Archives will provide leadership, vision, and support for the Special Collections and Archives Department. They will ensure the accessibility of research collections in a variety of formats by leading and supervising departmental personnel in processing, preserving, and describing collections according to professional standards and best practices, and in providing research assistance service to library users.
For the full position description, see the job posting at https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/details/Associ...
- Master of Library Science or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program with a specialization in Archival Studies or an advanced degree in a related discipline with formal training in archival management.
- At least five years of successful and progressively responsible experience working in an academic special collections department or archives.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service, diversity & inclusion, and an enthusiasm for identifying new opportunities to enhance library services and build partnerships across campus.
- Knowledge and experience in most aspects of library preservation practices, technologies, and methodologies, including digital preservation.
- Outstanding donor relations and collection development skills.
- Seven years of successful and progressively responsible experience working in an academic special collections department or archives.
- Proven track record of fundraising and grant proposal writing.
- Familiarity with the rich cultural history of South Texas.
- Willingness to be actively engaged with the community and with local and regional organizations related to special collections and archives.
- Familiarity with trends in library technology related to digitization.
- Experience with project management.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in planning and overseeing complex projects, meeting deadlines, and prioritizing work in alignment with the goals of the unit, library, and university.
- Supervisory experience.
Apply online at the link above. The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected. Review of applications will begin Monday, August 1, 2022.
Minimum starting salary: $72,000. Salary will be determined upon qualifications and experience.
The Bell Library is committed to TAMU-CC’s identity as a Hispanic-Serving Institution that embraces diversity. Our goal is to provide an inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone we serve can seek knowledge and growth without barriers. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate their ability to contribute to the diversity and mission of our university.
About the University
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a vibrant, Hispanic Serving Doctoral Research Institution that proudly provides a solid academic reputation, renowned faculty and highly-rated degree programs since 1947. The University has a heritage of teaching excellence with innovation in research and community engagement as part of the distinguished Texas A&M System. With palm tree-lined pathways throughout the campus, nearby natural wetlands, a scenic hike-and-bike trail and a university beach, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is the only university in the nation located on its own island, at the heart of the Texas Gulf Coast.