Rickett Circulation Specialist -- Tarleton State University -- Ft. Worth, TX
Rickett Circulation Specialist
Applications only accepted online at www.tarleton.edu
Under the direction of the Rickett Library Manager, provides advanced customer support and performs complex library functions in one or more library units. Supervises student employees; Work hours: Mon- Fri: 8:30 AM-5:30 PM. Occasional holiday, evening and weekend hours are required.
- 40% Oversight of the day-to-day operations of circulation and interlibrary loan services ensuring a smooth workflow and adherence to policies and procedures:
- Responsible for communicating on a day-to-day basis with the Rickett Manager and student workers to ensure pertinent information is shared.
- Coordinates circulation and interlibrary loan work processes to maintain detailed, accurate, and timely user records, including item holds, library fines, patron notifications, and fine collection.
- Enforces regulations and policies concerning the use of library materials in a fair and professional manner.
- Ensures services are provided for users to request materials not readily available in the Rickett Library through use of interlibrary loan, document delivery, and/or document suppliers.
- Enforces regulations and policies concerning the use of library spaces.
- Ensures the availability of essential curriculum materials in the course reserve collection and other items as deemed appropriate while following copyright compliance guidelines.
- Assists in the collection of statistics relevant to the department, including gate counts, project logs, and usage statistics.
- Participates in the operation of library services during occasional holiday, evening, and weekend hours.
- Develops an efficient and effective workflow and makes recommendations to the Rickett Library Manager for streamlining circulation tasks when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 30% Manages student workers assigned to circulation ensuring patron demands for services are met:
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates the work of the student workers.
- Assesses, organizes, and resolves circulation training needs by communicating effectively, creating on-going training opportunities, and regularly reviewing policies and procedures.
- Reviews work effort to ensure that quality, compatibility, and adherence to established policy and standards are met.
- 15% Responsible for the organization and maintenance of the library's book stacks:
- Supervises students assigned to maintain the book stacks and re-shelve library materials.
- Manages inventory procedures and stacks maintenance for collection.
- Trains and assigns stack maintenance duties to Circulation student workers by establishing priorities, monitoring quality, and assessing workflow.
- Works closely with the Dick Smith Library Cataloging Department on proper processes for damaged, missing, or lost materials in accordance with current collection development policies.
- 15% Assists the Rickett Librarians in improving services to library users.
- Trouble-shoots and resolves problems as they arise.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of both Library and University databases and applications.
- Maintains operations of the library in the absence of the librarians.
- Performs other duties as assigned, as well as committee assignments and participation in staff development programs.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three years of library experience or four years of general clerical or office experience which includes customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of word processing, and spreadsheet applications.
- Knowledge of email and library online research databases.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Basic keyboarding skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Requires the ability to teach and/or work remotely, at the discretion of the University.
Tarleton State University
Tarleton State University, a member of The Texas A&M University System, provides a student-focused, value-driven educational experience marked by academic innovation and exemplary service, and dedicated to transforming students into tomorrow’s professional leaders. With campuses in Stephenville, Fort Worth, Waco, Midlothian and online, Tarleton engages with its communities to provide real-world learning experiences and to address societal needs while maintaining its core values of integrity, leadership, tradition, civility, excellence and service.
Tarleton State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer. As a member of The Texas A&M System, Tarleton will provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity and will strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity through The Texas A&M System.