Administrative Assistant 2 -- New Mexico Supreme Court Law Libray -- Santa Fe, NM
Administrative Office of the Courts
Business Unit: 21600
Administrative Assistant 2, #10101138-21600, Full-Time, At-Will, in Santa Fe, NM
# of Positions: 1
Opening Date: 07-08-2022 -
Close Date: --
Job Pay Range:
HH: $18.974 - $37.947 per hour
Target Pay Range/Rate: $18.974 - $26.45 per hour
Apply here: https://www.nmcourts.gov/careers/
Prospectively, the New Mexico Judicial Branch is requiring full vaccination status as a condition ofemployment to being hired into the judiciary. Fully vaccinated means two weeks beyond the second Modernaor Pfizer vaccination or single dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccination, and if eligible, must have receivedthe COVID-19 Booster.
The New Mexico Supreme Court has an opening for one, Full-Time, At-Will, Administrative Assistantposition, #10101138-21600, in Santa Fe, NM. GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Acting under generaldirection organize the administrative activities of an office or special program, provide customer service,coordinate projects and perform clerical or administrative duties. Finalist(s) may be subject to criminalbackground checks.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
- The Administrative Assistant 2 is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating day-to-day projectactivities.
- Prepares and distributes materials, documents, copies, agendas and minutes.
- Drafts, proofreads, edits, disseminates and manages the timely processing of documents, correspondence, andrecords.
- Maintains rosters for committees or groups.
- Dockets or calendars deadlines and appointments.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, facilities, training, testing, vehicles, travel, staff, video conferencing and teleconferences.
- Answers telephones, provides customer service and greets visitors.
- Manages and tracks information and data using electronic databases.
- Compiles and prepares statistical reports, certificates, fliers, brochures, and business cards.
- Manages and route files, information, mail, and records to appropriate destination.
- Monitors, tracks, refers and orients program participants.
- May maintain web site(s) or act as Information Technology site coordinator to provide technical assistance.
- Coordinates employee identification, security access, and validates parking.
- Serves as a liaison between committees, the public or other judicial entities.
- May provide notarization services.
- Provides assistance with budget or legislative projects.
- Tracks and prepares travel or other reimbursement requests.
- Coordinates services with outside agencies.
- Receipts, balances, reconciles and distributes all incoming monies.
- Trains employees in day-to-day procedures and office functions.
- Develops or analyzes procedures as needed.
- May be assigned supervisory duties under the mentorship of a supervisor or manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant should demonstrate advanced knowledge of customer service and office management practices. Project management techniques, data collection methods, general office practices, basic legal terminology; supervisory techniques, coaching and performance evaluations; mediation and managing conflict.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The following functions are representative, but not all-inclusive of the work environment and physical demands an employee may expect to encounter in performing tasks assigned to this job. Work is performed in an office or court setting. A valid driver's license and travel may be required. The assigned work schedule may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime. The employee must regularly interact positively with co-workers,clients, the public, and judges and justices.
* This job description is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions performed
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Programs, employee assistanceprogram (EAP) [http://www.mybenefitsnm.com/]
- State paid life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance
- Optional flexible spending accounts for medical, day-care, and travel expenses
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Leave, up to eight (8) weeks
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Up to twelve (12) weeks of paid parental leave
- Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- Lifetime Defined Benefits Retirement Plan [http://www.nmpera.org/]
- Flexible work schedules and alternative work locations*
- Free health care, Rx, lab work at facility (Stay Well Health Center) in Santa Fe, NM
- Bilingual compensation*
- Training and career development opportunities
- Higher education opportunities and educational leave
- May qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- May receive overtime holiday or shift differential pay*
- May receive physical fitness leave*
- What are your benefits worth? Click here to find out
*these benefits vary by job classification or need*
Education: A high school diploma or GED.
Education Substitution: None.
Experience: Four (4) years’ of experience in a secretarial, clerical, or related field.
Experience Substitution: Additional post-secondary education in a related field may substitute for up toone (1) year of experience. Thirty (30) semester hours equals one (1) year of experience.
Submit a New Mexico Judicial Branch Application for Employment, or a Resume and a ResumeSupplemental form, and proof of education to:
New Mexico Supreme Court
Attn: Barbara Lujan
237 Don Gaspar
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
PROOF OF EDUCATION IS REQUIRED.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER