Library Associate -- Pioneer Library System -- Norman, OK
PIONEER LIBRARY SYSTEM
NORMAN PUBLIC LIBRARY WEST
300 NORMAN CENTER COURT
NORMAN, OK 73072
POSITION: Library Associate
BEGINNING SALARY: Grade 8, Base ($36,480/yr)
WORKING CONDITIONS: Full time position, 40 hrs/wk. Must be available to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings and weekends, in addition up to two weeks of “Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training” located at the Administrative Offices in Norman.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED: July 29 through August 08, 2022
Provides high level customer service to Pioneer Library System customers including reference, reader’s advisory, programming, and outreach; has working knowledge in the operation of computers and standard office software products; performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university;
- Three years relevant experience;
- Equivalent combination of technical training, education and/or experience may be considered;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understands and performs basic functions and tasks of common software programs and email applications;
- Uses and helps others use basic computer hardware;
- Thorough knowledge of library circulation practices and procedures, as well as reader’s advisory and reference services and functions;
- Skills in working with public, public speaking and conducting effective story times and other library programs;
- Knowledge of library policies and procedures;
- Strong skills in written and spoken business communications;
- Working knowledge in the operation of computers and office machines, standard office software products, electronic resources, internet and database information retrieval;
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.; retrieve and replace items from floor level to at least 5 1/2 feet in height;
- Work a flexible schedule which will include evenings and weekends based on fluctuating branch/department demands.
Applications accepted July 29 through August 08, 2022. Résumé alone is not sufficient; completed online application form is required. To apply for this position visit www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org – click About Us, Jobs@PLS link at bottom of page.
Pioneer Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by the law.
Pioneer Library System will make all reasonable accommodations in the application and employment processes. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Elissa Fox at 405-801-4506, or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.