Head of Frisco Landing Library -- University of North Texas -- Frisco, TX
HEAD OF FRISCO LANDING LIBRARY
Link to Job Posting: https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/64048
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The University of North Texas Libraries seeks innovative candidates who have a strong commitment to service and learning for the position of Head of Frisco Landing Library. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Public Services, the Head of Frisco Landing Library will oversee the operations of a new library branch at the UNT Frisco Landing Campus located in Frisco, Texas. The Frisco Landing Library will provide checkout services, research assistance, course reserves, access to library materials, instructional spaces, study rooms, and technology resources. The position will work collaboratively with other departments at the Frisco campus to create and support an active learning environment for students with user-centered services, spaces, outreach, and programming.
The Head of Frisco Landing Library will also serve as liaison to New College, which offers a variety of degree programs at the Frisco Landing Campus and will work with other subject librarians to provide library support to students, staff, faculty, and the community at the UNT Frisco Landing Campus.
SPECIFIC POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall activities of the Frisco Landing Library
- Oversees operations of the Frisco Landing Library
- Leads and directs initiatives supporting learning and research services, and develops outreach and programming supporting student engagement and success
- Evaluates operations of the library branch to make best use of technology, staffing, and resources, and reports facilities issues
- Hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates the performance of staff and students
- Develops departmental goals that support the Libraries Strategic Directions
- Maintains, develops, and revises policies and procedures for the operations of the library branch. Ensures consistency of services and practices with Denton campus libraries.
- Leads the branch in providing excellent customer service
- Serves on the Public Services Management Team and may serve as division manager in the absence of the Associate Dean. Participates in planning and implementation of division projects.
- Performs reference services including consultations, guest lectures, and serves on library and university committees as needed
- Provides library instruction and workshop sessions
- Collaborates with other Frisco Landing Campus departments on services, programming, and outreach opportunities
- Develops content for library webpages and library instruction materials including subject guides, class pages and videos
- Serves on the UNT Libraries Circulation Workgroup
- Stays current with developments in academic research support and services
- Fosters positive relations with students, staff, and faculty and promotes the Library’s and University’s commitment to diversity.
- Works to meet the requirements for service to the Libraries, University, and the Community
- Works to meet the requirements for scholarly, creative, and professional activities
- Maintains a collegial working relationship with other libraries, offices, and divisions
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information sciences or an international equivalent
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience
- Minimum three years of experience providing research assistance or instruction in a library setting
- Evidence of leadership, entrepreneurship, independent judgement, and initiative
- Demonstrated management skills, including managing services, projects, schedules, and budgets
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish positive and productive collaborations with faculty
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to adjust priorities, set goals, manage time wisely, and make quick effective decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing innovative services or programs
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team
- Experience creating and maintaining LibGuides
- Experience using assessment tools and techniques
- Familiarity with Sierra or other library integrated systems
- Familiarity with ILLiad or other resource sharing programs
- Evidence of scholarly activities and participation in professional service
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.