Business Coordinator -- Texas A&M University -- Corpus Christi, TX
Job Title: Business Coordinator
Agency: Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Department: Library Operations Staff
Proposed Minimum Salary: Commensurate
Job Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Job Type: Staff
Apply here: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/details/Busine...
The Business Coordinator I, under general supervision, provides support and coordination of a variety of Library business activities requiring independent judgment, including reviewing business documents, and assisting in developing, monitoring, and reporting accounts and budget data as directed by supervisor.
- Financial Support
- Monitor, analyze, and reconcile assigned Library departmental accounts. Prepares monthly and annual financial reports by collecting business information from a variety of sources. Coordinates annual fiscal year closing activities and drafts new fiscal year plans. Coordinates routine fiscal activities including preparing adjustments/corrections to budgets and transactions as well as making account projections. Proposes solutions to routine financial problems.
- Coordinates cash handling activities of the library. Serves as the primary contact for deposits within in the library. Communicates cash handling policies and procedures within the library and ensures compliance with university and system policies.
- Coordinate third party billing activities for the library. Compiles a monthly past due invoice report at the beginning of each month and follows up with each end user/agency to ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Review Library departmental expense reports, procurement card charges, travel reports, and purchase orders to ensure proper funding source and object codes.
- May assist with administration of contracts and grants
- Provides input to policies and interprets policies and procedures.
- Personnel Activities
- Coordinates personnel activates of the unit. Adheres to production calendar for biweekly and monthly payroll and works with Payroll staff to ensure retro payments process correctly. Run payroll and related leave reports in Workday to ensure prompt and accurate biweekly/monthly payroll and accounting and detect payroll discrepancies.
- Initiate on-boarding/off-boarding process for all library employees. Work with other internal/external departments to ensure actions and processes are completed timely.
- Create and distribute notice of appointments (NOAs) for graduate assistants within the library to include review of eligibility requirements.
- Responds to routine inquiries regarding payroll and leave policies, procedures and programs and improves and maintains knowledge base regarding compensation and leave laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate non-renewal purchasing activities for the library. Recommend products or goods based upon best value for departmental needs. Serve as a resource for library employees regarding purchasing procedures and regulations ensuring compliance with university and system procedures and regulations. Work with departments and vendors to investigate and correct errors related to requisitions, purchase orders, invoicing, and vouchers.
- Provides oversight for all areas involving the P-Card. Coordinates reconciliation of all P-Card transactions in the library. Serves as a point of contact for any questions about P-cards and promotes the use of the card throughout the library. Ensures that all university rules are being followed by the users, and that the purchases are within the allowed guidelines set forth by the university and system. Serves as the liaison between the library and credit card administration.
- Lead or serve on Library, University, and System committees.
- Process and maintain complex confidential matters.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two (2) years of related experience in general office, accounting, or personnel operations.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be used as a substitute for the minimum requirements:
- Associates degree and four (4) years of related experience.
- Masters degree.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Planning, task management, and organization skills.
- Experience in Workday, IslanderBuy, Concur, FAMIS, Business Objects, Canopy, Maestro, Excel, 10-key.
- Knowledge of TAMUS policy and procedures.
- Good communication and writing skills, highly developed interpersonal skills, good planning and organizational ability, attention to detail, and good proofreading skills.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.