Temporary Library Specialist - Stacks Management -- University of Texas at Arlington -- Arlington, TX
Institution Name: University of Texas at Arlington Libraries
Libraries Website Link: https://libraries.uta.edu/
Apply Now: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/22249
Internal Job Posting No: S04410P
Salary: Rate is commensurate based on qualifications and relevant experience up to $16.00 hourly
Benefits: UTA Offers comprehensive insurance and retirement programs https://resources.uta.edu/hr/services/benefits/index.php
Maintain physical library materials integrity and accuracy by supporting inventory projects at the campus branch libraries and shelf labeling at the Library Collections Depository.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with labeling project for high-density collections storage shelving.
- Inventory of Library assets located at the branch libraries on campus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School graduation or GED.
- Basic computer literacy and technologically adept.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to learn and process information needed to operate special apps to aid in job duties.
- Proficiency in Windows Operating System and file management.
- Ability to complete all physical tasks as needed.
- Experience in the use of a scan device.
- Experience in matching data points and following very specific directions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Time management skills.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Be an advocate and ally for equity, diversity, justice, and inclusion.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations.
- Ability to follow through on projects.
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions.
- Collaboration and coordination skills.
- Ability to excel in completing a task with consistent repetition.
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/22249
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.