Librarian, Technical Services Electronic Resources -- Lone Star College -- Houston, TX
Job ID: 40251
Location: LSC-System Office UP
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Apply here: https://hcm.lonestar.edu/psc/hcmprd/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_S...
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For®" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in three areas: Shared Governance; Faculty Experience; Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging.
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer and career training education to 80,000+ students each semester. LSC has been named a 2023 Great Colleges to Work For® institution by the Chronicle of Higher Education.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Librarian, Technical Services Electronic Resources oversees the acquisition, management, and discovery of electronic resources, ensuring that our patrons have seamless access to a wide range of digital resources. This position requires strong technical expertise, exceptional organizational skills, and a deep understanding of library systems and electronic resources management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate the acquisition, licensing, and renewal of electronic resources, including databases, e-journals, streaming media, and other digital materials.
- Oversee the customization and maintenance of electronic resource management systems and library discovery platforms, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information for library users.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with vendors, setting up trials, requesting quotes, and negotiating and reviewing license agreements
- Provides support and training to campus libraries in the use of electronic resources and discovery.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with library staff and college departments to integrate electronic resources into library services.
- Develops and maintains documentation of electronic resource procedures and workflows.
- Produces, analyzes, and interprets electronic resources assessment data.
- Stays current in emerging trends, developments, and best practices in electronic resources, licensing, copyright, and discovery systems.
- Participates in library and interdepartmental committees and working groups.
- Responsible for other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of acquiring, licensing, and managing electronic resources.
- Excellent customer service
- Working knowledge of PC's and software (Microsoft Office Suite) and the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Master's degree and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Hiring salary range is $54,528-$62,707
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Level of degree completed including date earned.
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.