Library Specialist - Serials -- University of Texas at Arlington -- Arlington, TX
Institution Name: University of Texas at Arlington Libraries
Libraries Website Link: https://libraries.uta.edu/
Apply Now: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/27060
Internal Job Posting No: S05114P
Benefits at UTA: We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees at the University.
To help you understand the full value of these benefits, we have created a tool that calculates the total worth of your compensation package. This tool takes into account all of the benefits that you are eligible for, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off. To access this tool and learn more about the total value of your benefits, please click on the following link: https://resources.uta.edu/hr/services/records/compensation-tools.php
The Library Specialist is a member of the Acquisitions team within the department of Access & Discovery. The Specialist provides fiduciary service in sustaining the library’s acquisition budget and “in-time” access to all information resources that the library has purchased and leased.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate holding records of library serials in both print and electronic formats by updating relevant catalog records, electronic collections and portfolios.
- Update the unified library system throughout the life cycle of serials from acquisitions to renewal or cancellation. Processes invoices in a timely fashion.
- Maintains the database A-Z list on LibGuide. Troubleshoots access issues with serials and e-resources.
- Processes print serials check-in and collaborates with the Stacks Management team on print serial bindery pull and shipment. Handles bindery shipment pre- and post-processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduation or GED.
- Two (2) years related experience.
- Computer literate and technologically adept.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency in Windows Operating System and file management.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One (1) year experience working with serials or continuing resources in an academic library
- Advanced use of Excel
- Experience with OCLC Connexion and/or MARC records
- Experience with Alma
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to transfer and apply knowledge and experience to new situations
- Ability to coordinate and follow through on projects
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions
- Ability to excel in a “perpetual beta” environment, with frequent change and intelligent risk-taking
Our future colleague will also have an affinity for our Guiding Principles. These principles define HOW we do our work. These are our Guiding Principles exemplified through how we treat our colleagues:
We Care. We care about you, your success, your growth, your passions and all that you bring to the table.
We Empower. We empower our staff to be creative, think outside the box, work autonomously, and provide resources necessary for success.
We Take Ownership. We take ownership of our organizational culture and YOU take ownership of how our culture is shaped.
We Are Extraordinary. We are extraordinary because we attract and hire extraordinarily talented individuals like you!
APPLY NOW – We can’t wait to welcome you to our team. Please submit applications at https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/27060
It is the policy of The University of Texas at Arlington (UTA or The University) to provide an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, and/or veteran status. The University also prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender identity, and gender expression. Retaliation against persons who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge of discrimination, or testify for, assist in, or participate in an investigative proceeding relating to discrimination is prohibited. Constitutionally-protected expression will not be considered discrimination or harassment under this policy. It is the responsibility of all departments, employees, and students to ensure the University’s compliance with this policy.