SHARE Circulation Specialist -- Illinois Heartland Library System -- Edwardsville, IL
If you embrace customer service and want to be part of an organization that supports the community, then we have a position for you! We currently have a full-time SHARE Circulation Specialist position open in our SHARE department. This position can be located out of any of our hub locations (Carbondale, Champaign or Edwardsville, IL).
As our SHARE Circulation Specialist, support member libraries in all aspects of circulation, and provide program information and marketing materials to member libraries.
Here's what else you’ll do and the experience you’ll need:
- Provides circulation training and supports SHARE member libraries.
- Helps troubleshoot database errors in Polaris.
- Helps member libraries with compliance with SHARE policies and procedures.
- Keeps up-to-date on relevant library automation programs and services that enable library staff to provide quality information to patrons.
- Three years' (3) experience providing customer service in a library environment that utilizes an automated system is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in education, communications, or a related field is preferred, but not required.
IHLS offers an extensive benefits package to include paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), an employer paid life insurance and the ability to add additional life insurance coverages. At IHLS, we have a great work life balance that is part of our company culture. We have been named a St. Louis Post-Dispatch Top Workplace for 2022 & 2023!
While the duties for this position are primarily performed in an office environment, it does allow for occasional and regular telecommuting. This benefit is only available to Illinois residents.
This position has a salary range of $43,615 - $65,423.
Interested candidates should send their resume to Illinois Heartland Library System - SHARE Circulation Specialist (paylocity.com)
Here at Illinois Heartland Library System (IHLS) our mission is to support member libraries of all types in providing quality library services. IHLS facilitates access to shared resources, advocates for libraries, promotes innovation, and develops community partnerships. To learn more about our SHARE division visit our website: About | SHARE (illinoisheartland.org)
You are welcome here! IHLS is committed to workplace diversity, building a diverse workforce, and providing equal opportunities to all regardless of age, race, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, language, national origin, religion, and any other characteristics protected by law.