Librarian -- Cameron University -- Lawton, OK
Position Title: Librarian
Job Description: Full-time librarian position at the Cameron University Library.
Responsibilities of the position would include but would not be limited to the following:
- Provide reference services and research assistance to library patrons, both in person and electronically,
- Teach information literacy and use of online library resources both face-to-face and online (synchronous and asynchronous),
- Participate in regular assessment of library services through measures such as compiling data regarding available resources and resource usage; distributing a biannual satisfaction survey; and working with students, faculty and staff to determine resource needs,
- Work with vendors and Cameron University’s Information Technology Services to troubleshoot technical issues,
- Prepare and submit library data for external reports including IPEDS, ACRL, and academic program reviews,
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for the university library's collections that aligns with the academic and research goals of the institution,
- Evaluate and select resources, both physical and digital, to build a comprehensive and relevant collection,
- Assist in the Library’s technical services, including acquisitions, cataloging, classification using Library of Congress Classification System, deselection, donation processing, inventory, communications, analytics, and reporting,
- Collaborate with Library staff and other campus constituents in creating and adapting library policies and procedures,
- Some evening and weekend hours as needed, and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters of Library Science from an ALA accredited program,
- Commitment to student success,
- Good organizational skills,
- Library work experience,
- Commitment to creating and providing user-centered library services,
- Teaching proficiency,
- Working knowledge of library procedures and the utilization of related equipment, and
- Aptitude for searching databases and other online resources.
- Three years full-time experience in a library environment,
- Knowledge of library systems software, electronic access to data, and web-based services,
- Experience working with library vendors,
- Academic library work experience, and
- Proven effective management skills, including communication, planning, organizing and supervising.
SALARY RANGE: $48,000 annually
Cameron University (www.cameron.edu) is a state-supported regional institution located in Lawton, Oklahoma, that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. Dedicated to excellence, the university provides a wide range of economic, cultural, and educational opportunities for the betterment of all citizens. Master's-level graduate degrees are offered in business, behavioral sciences, and education; baccalaureate programs are offered in more than forty disciplines, and associate degrees are offered in many other studies. The close proximity of Fort Sill contributes to an area rich in cultural diversity and provides the opportunity for frequent cooperative efforts. The combined community of Lawton/Fort Sill has a population of more than 100,000 and is located adjacent to the picturesque Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. A copy of the University’s Annual Security Report, listing crime statistics and university policies, is available by contacting the Office of Public Safety or by accessing the report online at www.cameron.edu/ops.
APPLYING: Apply online at https://jobs.silkroad.com/Cameron/Careers/jobs/1558.
Attachments should include a cover letter indicating experience applicable to position, resume, transcripts (unofficial are acceptable at this point), names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.