Amigos Library Services Strategic Plan to 2025
Amigos Library Services supports libraries through the sharing of collections, services, and opportunities.
A vibrant, member-led community of libraries designing successful futures.
Goals and Strategies
Member-Led / Member-Centered: Member voices shape programs and services. Amigos' programs and services reflect the needs and interests of our members.
- Amigos creates an environment for member input in the co-development and co-ownership of programs and services.
- Amigos brings members together to discuss and explore emerging and critical issues in the library environment.
A Valued Partner: Amigos is a partner, first and foremost – pursuing programs and services that benefit members, partners, and the wider library community.
- Amigos works with member libraries, library groups within our members’ regions, and partners to guide, develop, and implement solutions for libraries.
- Amigos makes its resources available for member libraries, library groups within our members’ regions, and partners.
- Amigos engages in national efforts with partner consortia and brings national initiatives to member libraries.
Focus on Libraries and Library Staff: Amigos supports and promotes member libraries and the growth and development of library staff.
- Amigos is intentional in welcoming new members, serving current members, and growing membership.
- Amigos develops relationships between libraries, bringing member library staff together to explore common problems, seek solutions, and develop networks across institutions.
- Amigos supports organizational development and individual growth by providing learning opportunities and sharing important changes in the profession.
- Amigos celebrates the innovative work happening in member libraries and highlights the individuals leading change.
- Amigos collects relevant data to improve its programs and services and shares data to support member libraries’ data-informed decision making.
- Amigos programs and services advance member libraries’ efforts toward a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive library profession.
Organizational Excellence: Amigos strives to create a more efficient and effective organization for Amigos members and the Amigos staff.
- Amigos invests in software and solutions that support and advance staff efforts while improving members’ experiences.
- Amigos documents processes and supports training and communications that allow staff to understand programs and services across the organization.
- Amigos is a learning organization that grows and develops to meet the needs of members in a changing environment.