- Process different types of materials often found in collections;
- Accurately describe items found in collections;
- Use EAD and DACs to create better finding aids;
- Integrate preservation practices while working with collections;
Any staff that has been working with archival collections on a very basic level or those who want more information on how to better describe collections to assist their patrons.
Amigos "Introduction to Archival Practice" class
- Archival practice including processing collections and selection of archival storage materials;
- How EAD is used to create finding aids;
- How DACS is used to describe finding aid content.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
There will be one outside reading and one final assignment.
Visit Big Blue Button's minimum requirements page.
This course consists of four 1-hour sessions.
Instructor: Gina Minks - email@example.com
Continuing Education Credit:
Contact Hours: 4
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Individual Registration||$ 180.00|
|Non-member Individual Registration||$ 360.00|