Managing the Needs of Library Users with a Personality Disorder
This workshop will provide attendees with a great understanding of common personality disorders, such as Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and Antisocial Personality. Attendees will learn how to enforce healthy boundaries, manage challenging interactions, and connect patrons with community mental health resources.
- Understanding common personality disorders and how these may present in library users.
- Developing strategies to enforce healthy personal and library-wide boundaries with library users with a personality disorder in ways that are empathetic and equitable.
- Employing strategies to manage challenging interactions with library users with a personality disorder.
- Identifying ways to connect library users with a personality disorder with community mental health resources.
Public services librarians and staff.
Homework Expectations and Completion Requirements:
- Students will participate in class discussions and complete individual assignments.
- It is designed for individual participation; each individual must register.
Visit BigBlueButton's detailed minimum requirements page.
This course consists of one 2-hour session.
Instructor: Dawn Behrend - email@example.com
Contact Hours: 2
10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
|Amigos Member Individual Registration||$ 90.00|
|Non-member Individual Registration||$ 180.00|