Presentation proposals wanted for "Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Cataloging and Technical Services"
Libraries across the nation created and launched many Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) initiatives in recent years. These initiatives have been applied in all areas of the library, including cataloging and technical services. Attend this conference to see these efforts moving from proposal to practice. This Amigos Library Services online conference will examine EDI in action today in cataloging and technical services.
Amigos is now accepting presentation proposals for the February 8, 2023, online conference, "Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Cataloging and Technical Services."
Potential presentation topics can include, but are not limited to:
EDI (Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) in...
- Inclusive cataloging practices
- Subject headings, classification, metadata, and taxonomies
- Resource management
- Technical services workflows, projects, and policies
- Collection development and acquisition approaches
- Evaluation and assessment
- Accessibility within electronic and digital collections
- Staff training for EDI applications in technical services
If you are interested in sharing your knowledge and experiences, please submit your proposal by December 9th, 2022: https://forms.office.com/r/6gX4y7cfHi.
For more information about this conference, contact Jodie Borgerding, email@example.com or (972)340-2897.